Friday, February 25, 2011

From My Garden

I'm surprised I'm here to upload a card. I was sure the house would be blown away last night. We had tornado warnings,  and just as we went to bed, the terrible winds started. I, along with my hubby, had to get dressed and come downstairs. What a wind!!! We only have limbs over the yard (not trees) and a thing to keep birds out of our chimney blown into the neighbors yard. It's getting to be that time of year in Alabama, where I live. You certainly never get used to it, though.

I just love the geranium I did on my card. I am entering it into several challenges: Case Study challenge #28.
We are to be inspired by the Guest Designer card (Eva Dobilas). I kept Eva's sketch but my image is much larger
.
I added a button to the cross panel. Every time I see this punch I have beneath the ribbon, I think I see frogs. LOL Do you see them?
 My scallops don't go all across the bottom, just under the image panel.

Stamptacular Sunday #99-S.O.S.  A card for SomeOne Special. My card is for my sis on a special occasion or to a friend that just had surgery.

Forgotten Scraps challenge #3-Spring or Flowers

Allsorts challenge #91-Inspired by Nature

Party Time Tuesdays challenge #4 - Anything Goes

Stamp Something-Stamp with Flowers

Recipe:
Stamps: Serendipity-Large Geranium, Flourishes-Seeds of Friendship (sentiment)
Paper: PTI white cardstock, SU Always Artichoke, We R Memory Keepers-Family Keepsake
Accessories: Martha Stewart quilted punch, EK Success double embossing punch, piercer, ribbon from LSS, SU spiral punch, Copics, Martha Stewart calling card/cut in half, button from Jo-Ann Stores, twine

14 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

Brenda.....this image is beautiful on its own, but wow did it go up a few notches with your fabulous coloring.....what a fresh delight....bright, happy, and so very lovely

glad you are safe.....we get tornado warnings around here, but nothing like in your part of the world....stay safe

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, I SPY the frog in your punch! Isn't that funny? I've never seen that before.

I LOVE this beautiful card, Benzi. You did a super job with that lovely geranium, and what a great take on the CASE Study sketch!

I'm so glad that you are safe. Luckily, we don't get many tornadoes here in MA, but I remember being deathly scared of the warning sirens for tornado watches/warnings growing up in Ohio. Those are so frightening. I can understand why you never get used to it.

Marisa said...

I love my geraniums in the summer and you have coloured this one wonderfully well! Love the lace with border punch and the cute sentiment panel. Great card.

Glad to hear you survived the wind! We had gusting winds here too, but not to that degree! Glad it came and went with no damage.

Carol L said...

You are too funny, but YES! I see those frogs too with their tiny eyes peering back atcha! LOL I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it though :) Brenda, this card is so gorgeous with those beautifully colored geraniums! I love the spiral punched sentiment panel too. Heck, I like everything about this card! LOL
We're having those high winds in PA right now, and I'd much rather have them during the day than at night! Have a great weekend!

Paige said...

Beautiful and the frogs are a delightful surprise! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Davi said...

Wow wow Benzi this is ssooooo beautiful!! I love the geraniums! Yup it does look like frogs.:) So glad not to much damage and you are safe.

Ruby said...

Love this Benzi, really gorgeous!!! Love the little frogs too!

Julie Hoffman said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the geranium! Fabulous coloring!

Glad you're okay Brenda! It must be scary with tornado warnings!

Lynne in NI said...

Gosh, sounds like something out of Wizard of Oz ... I'm sure it was awful, winds really scare me!
Beautiful card, love your frog punch LOL!

Bonnie said...

What pretty geraniums! They're among my favorite flowers! I didn't notice the "frogs" until you mentioned it! I guess frogs like geraniums too! Glad you didn't have any more wind damage than you did. Tornados are scary!

...just Barbara said...

Just dropping by to check out your great card! Thanks for playing along in the "Spring or Flowers" challenge at Forgotten Scraps. ;D

Julie said...

What a lovely card!!! Such a pretty button. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CASE Study.

Colleen Dietrich said...

I saw your card at CASE Study and knew I had to pop over and see this beauty. Those flowers are so pretty! As far as your windy conditions go, what is going on in our country now with the wind?? A week ago we had that big old tree fall into my neighbor's house (and almost on mine), and yesterday was very windy too. It is scary when it blows like that. Glad you are okay and your house is too.

Sussie said...

Both cards are wonderful!
Have a nice weekend!