Monday, March 21, 2011

Set Sail

My son, his wife, and little munchkin (2 yrs. old) are visiting from Georgia and have been here since last Friday. What a treat to get to play with the little one. Hate to see them leave Tuesday a.m. but I'll see them again at Easter. While they were visiting friends, I managed to get a card made.

I've made my card for Case Study Challenge Blog #31. What some great inspiration from their Guest Designer this month, Julee Tilman. I love her colorful, upbeat, summery creation. I was inspired by the dots as they are one of my favorite paper designs. And, how cute are those sailboats she used.

I decided to use my large sailboat, popping up my smaller one. Added a yellow ribbon, seahorse charm, and a sunshine I stamped, cut out, and popped. I like the hot, summery feel of this card.

I am entering my card into  the Paper Cutz Challenge #83-Your Choice-any colors/theme

Recipe:
Stamps: Sailboat (unknown), Art Impression for sun
Paper: PTI white cardstock, Making Memories Scrapbook pad (for matching papers), Stampin'Up! Night of Navy
Ink: Stampin'Up! Night of Navy
Accessories: Funtastic charm, yellow Offray ribbon

11 comments:

Debzi333 said...

Hey!!! I think I figured out how to follow your blog! Great looking card, Benzi!!!

Me and zee Fruitcake, we have zee Zecret blog that you'll never see!

Lovely looking card!

debzi333

Marisa said...

Loving it, Benzi!! Great sailboats and the smiling sun is great :)

Emily Keaton said...

How sweet, Benzi! Lots of dots here and that smiling sun is the perfect touch. So summery!

Pam~ said...

I'm ready to set sail on this beauty! Love it Benzi! Brilliant colors!

Good soccer game last night ... um, Florence did get a goal but Grissom still remains undefeated. The parents and players from Florence were wonderful guests!

Carol L said...

I love love love this peaceful, serene card! The sailboat image is so pretty, and I just love that seahorse charm you added!!
I'm so glad you got to visit with your son and his family! 2 yr olds are so much fun aren't they? :)

Julie Hoffman said...

I LOVE this Brenda!!! Those boats are wonderful and the colors are so pretty!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow Benzi, this is too cool! LOVE these colours, so summery!

Davi said...

Gosh havent been by in a couple days and missed all the lovely creations! This is realllllly pretty Benzi. I love the image and the dots are so perfect with is and the burst of yellow such a complement to it!

Bonnie said...

What a bright, happy card! I love the blue and yellow! Great take on the challenges!

Lynne in NI said...

Great card, such a lovely happy and summery feel about it. Glad your family made it up OK, that's a loooong drive they have! Won't be long till EAster!

Joanne (jojot) said...

love this nautical beauty....the yellow really popped your design