Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Speedy's Friends -Mark's Finest Papers, EtsyInspired Challenge, Anything Goes Challenge Blog


I am using my favorite stamp of all time. I love snowmen and there is something about this one that sends me into a happy dance. Actually, I am just using part of the image. This time I wanted to cut out only the wind-blown snowman and pop him up. I also stamped the image again on Night of Navy and wet embossed  the scarf with white embossing powder and popped it on. I have dry embossed snowflakes on silver mirror paper and it really embosses so well.  I rather like my scrunchy ribbon, too. Added a sentiment that I thought was just perfect and that's it.

I am entering my card into these three challenges:
Speedy's Friends --Mark's Finest Papers Challenge #29-Use a snowflake on your card (I  think I got that covered).
Anything Goes Challenge Blog #24-Emboss It

EtsyInspired Challenge #114 -My inspiration was  this necklace. It reminded me of a scrunchy ribbon, which I added to my card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Rubber Cottage-Let it Snow
Recollections stamp for sentiment
Paper: Stampin'Up! Night of Navy, silver paper from Hobby Lobby, PTI white cardstock
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder-Snowflakes, RibbonFX in navy, white embossing powder, VersaMark Dazzle Frost

17 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh, isn't he fabulous! ... not surprised he's your favourite Brenda! I love snowmen too (love making them in the garden as well - I think the neighbours think we're cracked LOL!)

de said...

Gorgeous! Love the interpretation of your inspiration! The scrunchy ribbon is perfect! That little snowman is adorable and love the silver mirror paper embossing!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Emily Keaton said...

This is amazing, Benzi!!! I love the shiny paper and your happy snowman and your scrunchy ribbon. I love how you interpreted your inspiration necklace in your project!! These are fab colors, too :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh - that bg is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Kathryn said...

Oh he is lovely with his head thrown back! great embossing techniques, thnaks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, K x

Betty Wright said...

Wow! Totally fabulous and amazing to look at, Brenda! Wonderful detailing and design!

Joanne (jojot) said...

thanks so very much for playing with Speedy's Friends...I LOVE your fav little snowman....and the 'home' you made for him on this regal, yet fun card

Julie said...

I rather love your scrunchy ribbon! This card is GORGEOUS! I love the embossed scarf on the snowman and the embossed metallic background! Stunning card Brenda!

Queenie said...

SOOOO many fabulous elements in this card!!! The silver embosed paper is luscious and creates such a perfect wintery background!! I love the scrunched ribbon, it's one of my favorite ribbon techniques. Thanks for playing with us at EIC this week!

Becky said...

Love the silver embossing and that snowman is adorable. Thank you for playing with Speedy's Friends.

Joanne Travis said...

I always look forward to your creations, Brenda! Always so lovely.
Thanks for joining Speedy's Friends snowflake challenge this week!

SmilynStef said...

Love those awesome silver snowflakes and the dimension on his scarf ... great Etsy Inspired design.

Virgo5 said...

Great card, love the background!

de said...

You won EtsyInspired! Check out the blog for details!

Emily Keaton said...

Congratulations on your big win over at EtsyInspired, Benzi!! I am SO thrilled for you. I can't wait to see which stamp you choose :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

That silver-mirror paper is STUNNING with the embossed snowflakes.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, I see you won at etsy-inspired, judging from the above comments -- congratulations!