Thursday, November 14, 2013

Snowflake Swirl


Does it look as if something is on my card on the bottom left or is it my eyesight? Anyway, there isn't. It is white as snow. I guess it is the lighting and I didn't notice before I posted. Why did I bring attention to that? Duh!

This card covers a couple of challenges on Splitcoaststampers  QFTD189 and Color Challenge #452. Dara is the queen for the day and I cased this card of hers. She used a swirly image so I decided to get out my snowflake swirl. She had flowers and I used snowflakes and place them differently.

 For the color challenge, there were five colors we could choose from or use three from the group:
 island indigo
bermuda bay
coastal cabana
smoky slate
pool party 
The only one I had was Bermuda Bay and I used Tempting Turquoise ink. The gray I used for Smoky Slate was an unknown Core-dinations paper. If you don't have the correct Stampin'Up! colors, you can substitute with something close, which is what I did. The gray areas were colored with Copics.

I'm entering my card into the Muse #43 challenge...first time for me to join them and it looks like a really fun challenge. Therese Calvird has an inspiration photo for us to use and it is full of pretty snowflakes cascading and that is just what I have.


That's it for me. I have to do a little housework.....what fun....NOT. I'll light a candle (Pumpkin Spice Pie) and make things smell yummy so that'll help some. Ha
Have a great day.

Recipe:
Stamps-Stampabilities/Handwritten Merry Christmas, Inkadinkado/Snowflakes set
Paper-PTI white cardstock, Stampin'Up! Bermuda Bay,  unknown Core-dinations gray, scrap light gray for snowflakes
Ink-Stampin'Up! Tempting Turquoise
Accessories-blue gemstone, Copics

35 comments:

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous colours, but Brenda where did you get that sentiment. I MUST have it! lol! Can't find it on ebay or any current sites - is it old? (and this would work for Muse if you'd card to join us!)

Marisa said...

Darling card and loving all those snowflakes! Great touch having the vertical sentiment too :)

Cathy said...

Beautiful Benzi! You are so good at CAS! I saw it on my blog! :)
I love my new feature! If you have time why not emboss something and join the challenge at the sisterhood!
I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Beebeebabs said...

Wow such beautiful cards as always!!!

La Vikinga said...

Hi girl in Alabama! I love your cards with snowflakes!!!

Greetings from a girl in Sweden

Carla S. said...

Beautiful CAS card, Brenda! Love the trail of snowflakes in the pretty blues! Glad it's warming up a little so we don't see any of those!

Sue said...

Absolutely fab card its really elegant huggles Sue xxx

jimlynn said...

Both are so pretty and I love all the snowflakes!!! This is probably as close as I'll get to seeing some of those beauties this year too! Love the color scheme on both cards!
Have fun cleaning that house!
Lynn

MaryH said...

Oh wow, loved your substitutions on this sparkly snowflake card. It's perfect for our crisp cold Brrr day and I love that sentiment you chose as well. A lovely card. Liked the inspiration card as well. TFS & Hugs (oh yes, Pumpkin spice sounds yummy. We have spaghetti sauce cooking - not as yummy smells as punkin pie!)

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the mix of stamped snowflakes & die cut - beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love your colours and that fabulous sentiment, you've placed it perfectly.

Carol L said...

The colors on both cards are just captivating and so unique! I love the snowflakes and beautiful design on each of them.
I'm glad you got your door installed, and I hope you had fun cleaning too :)

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful snowfall and no shoveling needed! Pretty colors! Hope you got the cleaning done and had a chance to sit and enjoy the cleanliness. It doesn't stay that way very long!

Donna Hanley said...

I really like both of these cards. I just love snowflakes in real life, but it would be nice to see some of them the gorgeous colors you used here, just once. I don't see anything on the bottom left hand side of your card, it's your eyes I guess. LOL Have fun cleaning.

Tkat said...

gorgeous cards!

Carole said...

Oooh I love the turquoise card, it is stunning and the snowflakes give the card a perfect touch.

vic said...

Beautiful cards I love the snowflakes :) I can't see anything on your card it looks perfect!!
Hugs
Vic

Maria said...

Gorgeous cards, Benzi! Wonderful background stamping with the lovely snowflakes! I love looking at the beautiful snow, but I don't like going out into it...brrrr! We had our first snow/ice this past Tuesday. Only about a 1/2 inch. But, Ole Man Winter says...here I am...hehehe! Have a great weekend, hugs!:-)

Ellen Taylor said...

Both are fantastic Benz! Love the color combos and sparkle! Have a fantastic day!
Hugs
ellen

Davi said...

Love the colors you used for the snowflakes Brenda!! The darker added ones make for great dimension too! Have a great weekend!

Melissa said...

I LOVE the colors on this!!! The movement you created is fantastic too! Just beautiful! :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Both cards are beautiful - love the first on ea little bit more - the colors are so elegant!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow, what a pretty snowflake card, LOVE your colour combo!

NanaConnie said...

Love the way you used the turquoise ink, Benzi! Magnificant card.

Anonymous said...

I adore these colours ... such a delicate cascade of yummy snowflakes! Anita (in France) :)

Karen M said...

I love all your beautiful snowflakes - such a pretty card - hugs xx

Beverley said...

So pretty, I just LOVE snowflakes! Hugs Bev x

nwilliams6 said...

This is so pretty and so well designed. Great CAS card. Hugz!

Susanne Vargas said...

Love your snowflake swirl and those beautiful colors you used!

OH Babs said...

The card is lovely and looking at all the comments it might be the winner - you got my vote.

Neets B said...

Fabulous design, love the swirl effect from top to bottom

Deni(se) said...

The way you graduated the sizes of the snowflakes is really striking. Love your color choices too. Welcome to Muse.

Shirley said...

Tell me about lighting!!! LOLOL The card is beautiful and love how you did the design and the sentiment too!

Carol Hurlock said...

You do what I do when its time for cleaning-light the candles!!!! lol I also put a pot of tea on and some music. Might as well have some fun while working. Love your pretty cards. What gorgeous color combinations.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Joanne (jojot) said...

a snowflake whirl of wonder...fab CAS