Sunday, July 14, 2013

Whoots in the House



I haven't used owls in a long time but I was in a scrapbook store Friday that had Art Impressions Whoots. I thought they were so cute and had to have them. Unfortunately, as I was coloring my lightest Copic was almost dry, therefore the splotching on my little guys. Ugh! But, after all, owls can have splotchy looking feathers.

I am doing a case of a card on this week's Featured Stamper at Splitcoaststampers. Here is her card.
I liked the sketch and that is what I went with. The card I am case-ing belongs to Jeanne aka akeptlife.

The owls are stamped, colored, cut out and popped on a circle piece of burlap. I found this fun My Mind's Eye paper pad at Michaels Arts and Crafts and it had embellishments to match. Love that.
I added a grosgrain ribbon and stick pin to finish it.

The inside sentiment reads: Another Birthday...it'll only HOOT a little!

I'm entering the Allsorts challenge blog-Wk #215-Fur and Feathers
Also, entering Tammy's Scrapin Corner-challenge #70-Animals (yes, birds are animals)

Recipe:
Stamp-Art Impressions/Chatting Whoots Set
Paper-My Mind's Eye/The Sweetest Thing-Bluebell 6 x 6 paper pad, PTI vintage cream cardstock
Ink-Memento/Rich Cocoa
Accessories-My Mind's Eye/The Sweetest Thing Decorative Brads, Little Yellow Bicycle/Burlap shapes and Wood Words stickpins, Copics, grosgrain ribbon




23 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Aww those little owls are the cutest, don't ya hate it when your markers run out with no warning grrrr. Gorgeous DP too :)

Carol L said...

Oh my, one of my Copics ran dry yesterday too, don't you hate that?! This is so stinkin' cute with those hooters, and I adore how you did the sentiment! The inside sentiment is hilarious too.... Nice hooters :)

nwilliams6 said...

These are ADORABLE! I see why you got them and your card is sooo cute! Fun moon - so much texture. You have really started adding a lot of texture to your cards - I love the look. Cute stuff Brenda! I had fun casing you today! Hugz!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a hoot of a card...fabulous and fun detail work.....miss you on the CCEE

Kathy Bradley said...

Benz,
What an adorable card!!

Carla S. said...

This is so cute, Brenda! Love the colors, papers and darling owls! Great card! Thanks for all the sweet comments on my blog while I've been away.

Beebeebabs said...

Such a cute cute card - great job thanks for sharing!!!

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card!

Pam~ said...

Darling card! Love the sentiment on the inside...so funny...and true! Looks like you've found your MOJO as you have been cranking out some beautiful cards lately!

Colleen Dietrich said...

How cute these owls are! They remind me of the Tootsie Pop owl, remember him?

Carmen S. said...

Was für eine niedliche Karte Benzi! Es gibt so viele Details.
Mir gefallen die Papiere, und die süßen Eulen sehr gut. Eine tolle Idee, auf den Sackleinen Kreis die Eulen zu setzen.

Liebe Grüße, Carmen

Hussena said...

What a adorable card Benzi ..love those cute owl and the different embellies you have added here I just love the details on your card..its so different from your usual style .. I really like it a lot :)

kReN said...

What a darling card! I just love it!


Come and see what I've done lately!
kren@
http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

Davi said...

Brenda is this the cutest!! I love those adorable owls and what fun dp you combined love the big moon too :)

stampingbowd said...

What a fun card!!! I love the fabric circle beind the owls! So many fun things to look at!

Sassy Raggedy said...

I love this card. The owls are perfect I think...Love the color combo and the sentiment is precious...lol Now you have to tell me where there is a scrapbook store around here....Hugz, joann

~Tammy~ said...

The owls are adorable! Sweet sentiment! Hope you're having a wonderful summer!

Maria said...

Oh, my! Love those adorable owls! My one friend and I pass back and forth crafty owl items all the time! Great job on this card...love it!!!

Wendy L said...

So cute, a lovely card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

Bonnie said...

The black and white and pink is so elegant! And another pretty hydrangea! I love hydrangeas.

NanaConnie said...

Adorable owls, Benzi! My daughter would just flip over this card since she loves owls in any form. :-D

Ellen Taylor said...

I just spent some time with some real owls last week and yes they do have splotchy feathers. Your owls are stinkin' cute!! Love the sentiment and your papers are fantastic!

Desire Fourie said...

This is adorable and such a fun little scene you have crafted with the cute owls.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you have entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}