Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mega Thanks/Sunrays

My neighbor/friend just brought over a beautiful, cone-shaped, twig basket of flowers to hang on my fence. Today is not my birthday, but it is very soon. Her gift made me light up like these sun rays.

This is my first time to try this wonderful tutorial from Geri's Cards for the sun rays and it was so much fun. There is a good bit of sponging. I like it and hope you do, too. I  added my 'hot sun' with a piece of SU Cherry Cobbler cardstock cut with a circle nestabilitie.
The rest of the card was really simple.

I got inspiration from EtsyInspired challenge:EIC140- We are to choose our inspiration from an Etsy shop called Peaden Scott Designs (check out that awesome pop-up cards). Wow!
This is the card I was inspired by:
How beautiful is this! I didn't do any cut-outs but did a huge 'thanks' sentiment and what I think is the sun above her thanks.

There is a new challenge called Craft Room and it is Anything Goes so here I go on their #1

Papertake Weekly Challenge is also Anything Goes this week.

I'll be entering my card into the Splitcoast Dirty Dozen theme challenge, also. The theme is It's a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong.

Recipe:
Stamps: Stampendous Mega Thanks
Paper: PTI white cardstock, Stampin'Up! Cherry Cobbler, Designer Paper is Fancy Pants Designs (Thoughtful)
Ink: Memento Tangelo, Dandelion, Cantaloupe, and Stampin'Up! Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: sponges, Spellbinders circle nestabilitie for sun, Copic-Lily White YG0000

18 comments:

Kim B said...

Lovely sunshine. Thanks for joining us at the Craft Room Challenge.

Marisa said...

It is wonderful to have neighbours like that :) IS this the one who buys the punches too ;) Glad she made your day - enjoy!

Designing with Debbie said...

Great card, I love the coloring the sun is amazing.

Grace said...

Oh very very pretty! What a wonderful gift from your neighbor and what a bright happy card! LOVE the sun ray technique you used! Beautiful card and happy birthday!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Fab card and the colours are so vivid and summery I love it.

Marie

Zoechaos said...

Marvelous sun those rays are fantastic love your thank you card. Thank you for sharing this with us on our first Craft-Room Challenge. Thank you as well for putting our Logo on your side bar. It is the shop logo and link to http://www.craft-room.co.uk/ that will put you into the random draw. Hope you do not mind my mentioning it. XOXO Zoe

Maria said...

Wow, really bright and sunny card. It's gorgeous! Good luck in the Craft-Room Challenge and thanks for joining us. Maria x

Bonnie said...

This certainly brightened my day! Love all that sunshine!

Emily Keaton said...

That card is totally awesome!! I love the huge THANKS and your sun rays look so good. Really fun!

Carol L said...

Oh, I likey I likey!! I have yet to try Geri's fabulous tutorial for creating the sunny background, but you did such a great job!! This card just makes me feel happy! (until that blazing hot sun comes out again tomorrow with temps in the 100's) LOL

craft-roomjulia said...

Such a happy cheerful card I love it. Good luck and thanks for joining Craft-Room Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
Julia xx

Nikki Byrne said...

Oh wow what a great technique. You really pulled it off. Thank you for joining our first challenge at craft room challenge. Nikki DT

Davi said...

Brenda that is so BEautiful. Those sun rays are so vibrant..you did a fab job on them and they look wonderful with the floral! Glad you were inspired by a lovely gift :)

Shirley said...

I love how bright and beautiful you card is and when I saw the photo below it I thought oh wow and she knows how to do that too so I can learn.....and it's just an inspirational photo. LOL What a beautiful card, Benzi!

Debi said...

Wow what a great Sunny card Benzi ! Thanks for joining us at CRC for our first challenge and thanks for popping by my blog and leaving me a lovely comment Debi x

Joanne (jojot) said...

you do such fab work with techniques...this new one is a WOW.....I've done something like it a long time ago, but not with these fab results....gorgeous

Ruby said...

I love this Benzi, such a happy card! I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Thanks for playing along with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

Lynne in NI said...

What a fab happy card, the sunrays are sooo pretty! How nice of your neighbour!