Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Thanking You


I haven't been here in a week or so and think it is time to upload a card. I had visitors over the 4th of July and the weather was a complete washout.....Friday and Saturday. Some areas around us had 4 5, 6, and up to 8 inches of rain. We were very fortunate and I think we only had around 3". It was the worst of worst holidays. After Christmas, July 4th is my favorite holiday so you know I wasn't very happy. :-)

I was really ready to make a card and have been working on a couple of cards for my little munchkins which I'll post soon as I finish them. I made this card using a stamp from a good friend over at Splitcoaststampers, Sue aka coffeestampers. She sent me two already stamped images (different designs) and I ruined the first one I attempted. This one is missing a leaf after I cut it off while fussy cutting and then lost it. Ugh! I rather like it with the single leaf, anyway.

I colored with Copics and used a Marianne die. Recipe is below.

I was visiting Bonnie Klass' blog yesterday Stamping With Klass and she left a link for the most Amazing Grace video ever....for me, at least. I don't think she'll mind me sharing. If you're interested, here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy3h6--fMBA It is a pan flute and I've listened to it sooooooo many times already.

I'm entering my card into the Shopping Our Stash challenge 109-Summer Theme or Summer Colors-I'm thinking my flower qualifies for summer, for sure.

Going over to the Little Red Wagon for a clean and simple challenge.

Entering Sister Act Card Challenge- #14-Anything Goes


Recipe:
Stamp-Stampin'Up!Because I Care, Mark's Finest Papers and Stamps/Welcome Poppies (sentiment)
Paper: PTI white cardstock
Ink-Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Marianne Design Designables Frame, Copics

26 comments:

Basslady said...

dear benzi, your card is such a masterpiece! love it!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

UTs Hobby Time said...

Wow Benzi, Such an elegant card. Loved it.

JD/ Jill said...

Very elegant card! Very nicely done!

Marisa said...

Love the pop of fuscia against the white! Gorgeous flower and wonderful embossing.

Cathy said...

What a beautiful card. The coloring is awesome! I have never been able to make a white on white card that satisfied me.
This card is stunning. No one will ever miss the other leaf...Cathy

~Tammy~ said...

Such a classy and elegant card! The flower is just gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful hydrangea and it certainly says summer to me! I love the embossing folder! I hadn't seen this one before and it's perfect for this flower! I'm glad you shared the video. I hope it touches even more people!

Carol L said...

What a lovely stemmed flower, and I like it with the single leaf also! Beautiful coloring and embossing in the background too! Hopefully your Labor Day weekend will be sunny and pleasant since the 4th was a washout!

Hussena said...

What an elegant card Benzi ..I really like the way you have colored the flower and placed it against that beautiful embossed BG ..it looks so stunning !!!

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful image and color - it looks perfect against your pretty white bg. Wonderfully done. HugZ!

Joanne said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Beebeebabs said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Carmen S. said...

Guten Morgen Benzi,
Es tut mir Leid, das Du kein schönes Urlaubswetter hattest. Bei uns ist der Sommer endlich eingekehrt.
Deine Karte hat eine wunderschöne Prägung und auch die Blume sieht Fantastisch gefärbt aus.

Liebe Grüße und einen schönen Tag wünscht Dir, Carmen

Evie said...

Just beautiful. Love the embossed background.

Sassy Raggedy said...

Lovely card. The colors are brilliant. I love the embossing also. I know what you mean about the rain, just means we had to cut our grass more...lol Beautiful card Benzi...Hugz, joann

Davi said...

Wow Brenda this is gorgeous!! I love the way yo colored the flower and how real it look! You could send some rain our way :)

Maria said...

Wow! So elegant and beautiful! Love that beautiful bright flower against the white elegant background! And, thank you so much for sharing the link for the pan flute video...amazing! I really enjoyed it, thank you! Take care, hugs!

Pam~ said...

You've been making some classy and elegant cards lately. This one is at tht top of the list ... gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Look at this gorgeous card!!! I love the embossing and purple flower!!!

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Brenda, that's such a pretty Hydrangea - mine are just about ready to burst into flower :)
Sorry to hear your weather has been rubbish - makes a bit of a change for me to have the sunshine and you to have the rain LOL

Bev Gerard said...

Oh what gorgeous hydrangeas!! Sure makes me wish I had a shady area for the real plants! Beautiful creation!

~Bev
TexasGrammy

Colleen Dietrich said...

Tsk, how gorgeous is this?! You know how I looove hydrangeas!
Sorry your Fourth was a washout. Guess your beautiful garden got a big drink, huh?

NanaConnie said...

Stunning, Benzi! Love the pop of gorgeous purple against that embossed white background. Terrific fussy cutting.

Ellen Taylor said...

Sorry to hear the 4th wash a wash out! Hope the sun is shining there now! Love the embossed framing and your vivid hydrangea!!!
:)

Joanne (jojot) said...

so pretty, classy, and beautiful and yet CAS....fabbo

Deena said...

love the elegance of this card! Thanks for joining in at Shopping our Stash's summmer theme challenge this week!