Friday, April 5, 2013

There's Hope



It's Friday and I'm doing the QFTD159 challenge on Splitcoaststampers. The queen is Jan Keen aka heartsong47 and this is the card I cased, making a few changes, of course. The card is also entered in the  Splitcoaststampers Fan Club Monthly Theme Challenge, Just Hatched. You could use several themes and I'm using the Spring Theme. The irises in my area bloom in April and May and some are already blooming.

I'm also entering my card into the challenge, IBSIC  #52 at Inspired by Stamping. This is a color challenge which I'm showing below:
 
 
I'm not using the tulips as shown in the bowl but an iris instead.


I'm using Kraft, something akin to sage green, and some blue scraps which I think work nicely. I colored the pretty iris with Blue Copic markers B26 and B24. The green leaves and stems are colored with Copic marker G20. The iris and sentiment are from the set Beautiful Iris by Inspired by Stamping (a set I bought with a gift certificate I recently won....Yea!). The border image and image on the sentiment piece are from Delicate Doilies II by Inspired by Stamping. I stamped these in Memento Rich Cocoa and the iris with Memento Tuxedo Black.

After getting the iris cut out with my Stampin'Up! and  embroidery scissors (which were very tiny and I used for cutting inside), I went over the edges with the side of black Copic marker so as not to leave any bits of white pieces showing.

My butterfly is Cheery Lynn Designs Exotic Butterflies/ small no.2 and I cut the top one with PTI linen vellum cardstock and the bottom with scrap blue cardstock.

My sentiment piece is cut out with Inspired by Stamping Fancy Label Dies I. Added a pearl and it is all finished.

A side note:  I am guessing that a lot of you have heard that Google Reader will disappear in July. You can find the info about it here. I'm very sad about this but I guess we have to have change. I've switched to Bloglovin'.  If you want to follow me, and I hope you do, the button is on my sidebar. There are other options besides Bloglovin' if you so choose.

Hope you all have a weekend full of sunshine.

24 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

When I look at this it makes me think SPRING, Benzi! Love the colors!

Carol L said...

I love Iris's, and your coloring looks wonderful on this card! I can't imagine cutting all those flowers, leaves and stems, but you did a wonderful job! I really like how you added that touch of blue behind the butterfly too! Very pretty card!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I am now following you on Bloglovin, Benz. I like how easy it is to switch over to them. I actually like the format they present it in as well.

LOVE your IBS creation! Wow! I gasped when the picture came up on the screen.

Marisa said...

Lovekly use of the colours adn that butterfly is fabulous!

Carmen S. said...

Hallo Benzi,
ich liebe Die Iris Blumen und Deine sieht sehr Echt und wunderschön coloriert aus. Deine gesamte Karte ist ein echter Hingucker. Klasse.

Liebe Grüße - Carmen

Hussena said...

Beautiful card Benzi ,,I love the way you have colored and fussy cut the iris it looks so lovely such an amazing take on the IBS colors too :)

Davi said...

Wowzer is this Gorgeous! I love love the color combo and cut out flower! Have a wonderful weekend ;)

Time to be creativ said...

Eine schöne Inspirations-Karte hast du gearbeitet, Brenda. Eine Karte nach einem Foto zu erstellen ist immer eine Herausforderung. Du hast sie prima umgesetzt.
Liebe Grüße und ein schönes Wochenende, Anja

NanaConnie said...

I thought I recognized that color combo. :-D Gorgeous coloring on the iris, Benzi! I do believe they are my favorite flower and wish I had more in my front garden. Then I look around, and wonder exactly where I'd squeeze them in. Hugs

Maria said...

Gorgeous card with those lovely flowers and butterfly! I can hardly wait until those pretty spring flowers pop up out of the ground! Maybe in a couple of weeks...am hoping! Hope you're having a great weekend, hugs!

Bonnie said...

What beautiful Irises! I noticed that there are some blooming across the street! What a welcome sight! They are purple though and I really like your blue ones! Pretty Springy card!

pam124 said...

Your iris's are beautifully colored Benz and I LOVE that diecut b/fly. It is awesome - yep, again, JUST LIKE ME!

Evie said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colours and butterfly.

Hugs.
Evie

Beebeebabs said...

I have been having that problem lately Benzie. I have another blog which they show up. The blog is

http://beebeebabs2.blogspot.com

Thank you for your support

Sonia said...

Good afternoon my dear friend^_^
This card is really wonderful, very beautiful flowers image and colors used^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Becky said...

Well what gorgeous colors and gorgeous card. love the butterfly.

Ellen Taylor said...

Beautiful colors Benz! Love those fab irises and butterfly! A spring beauty! Have a fabulous day!

Mary Marsh said...

this is so pretty Benzi-love your color choices and the irises-cant wait to see them bloom here in Pittsburgh-a couple of months away at least

Joanna M - Inspired by Stamping said...

Beautiful Work Benzi! Wow! Great job fussy cutting too! Hugs, J

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is beautiful, Benzi! I like how you used the Delicate Doilies trims. And congrats on winning the gift certificate. :) Yay for you!!

Lynne in NI said...

So pretty! Beautiful butterfly too!
I'm gonna miss Google Reader and have switched to bloglovin too, don't like it just as much, but it will do!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a beauty...love that butterfly

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW love the colors on this one Brenda..so stylish and fabulous
and Thank you so much for the kind words on my Foam Flower Cala Lily tutorial

stampingbowd said...

I am in love with that butterfly!!! Beautiful card! What a cool border image! I was reading your list to see what border die it was but it's a stamp! How cool!!!
Ok, now I am off to read about blogger reader!!!! I didn't know this!