Friday, January 21, 2011

Butterflies and a Lot of Bling

My friend, Pam124, on Splitcoaststampers is Queen for the Day this week and she loves bling so I had to case this card of hers, one on which I had given her the leaves and butterflies to use on this card. I actually think of it as hardware. She is a riot and we have a lot of fun and craziness going on.
This card is also made to fit the challenge at The Play Date Cafe PDCC65 using these colors:
What a wonderful challenge with great colors.

I used a Martha Stewart dry embossing stencil and chalked the butterflies in tangerine. I cut out my green leaves with a Sizzix die cut, punched one green butterfly, added some punched tangerine chalked flowers, green and orange rhinestones were used, along with a crinkled, green ribbon. My grey designer paper is from ColorBok.

Simon Says Stamp has a fun challenge this week. Want to play some Bingo? 
You  choose 3 items that are in a straight line..and it can be horizontal, vertical, or diagonal. I chose Punch/Die Cuts-Flowers-Gems  

I want to enter my card into the challenge #2 at Stampin for the Weekend-Getting Warmed Up-your interpretation of the title. I feel warm just thinking how nice and warm/hot the weather will be when the beautiful butterflies are flying and flowers are blooming. Can't wait.

Recipe
Stamps-None
Paper: PTI white cardstock, ColorBok designer paper
Ink: ColorBox fluid chalk ink-tangerine, Memento Bamboo Leaves
Accessories: crimper, green and orange rhinestones, Martha Stewart classic butterfly punch, The Paper Studio flower punch, Sizzix branch/w leaves die cut, green crinkled ribbon, Martha Stewart dry embossing stencil, gel pen

23 comments:

Marisa said...

Love it! Gorgeous DP and those butterflies are making me swoon. A fabulous tribute to our Pambalina :)

Bonnie said...

Wow! I am amazed at the number of challenges you incorporated into this card! I think the Queen will enjoy it!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Benzi, I love how you used the challenge colors AND made it into a Pamzi CASE AND played in yet a couple more challenges! Go, Benzi, go! THanks for playing with us at the Play Date Cafe (I *still* love saying that!)

And how 'bout our Pamzi being QFTD? I HAVE to play in that one!

Fiona said...

what a lovely card Benzi :) That deep green ribbon is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week :)

Jinny Newlin said...

What a perfectly lovely take on this week's color story, Benzi! Thanks so much for playing with us in The Cafe!

Davi said...

Wohoo Benzi This is really beautiful! I love those butterflies and bling is always a great addition! That ribbon is really pretty. Have a great weekend. :)

Basslady said...

this card makes me want to have spring...at once!!! ;-)

very cool, how you used the colours...
and the petals on the side of the butterflies look awesome! very sweet idea!
you are so inspiring with your cards, sweety!!!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Benzi, so elegant :o)

Thanks for joining us at SFTW & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, MY!! Benzi, this is fabulous. A great CASE of Pam, a super use of the PDCC colors, and a gorgeous collection of butterflies. I love how you used your gray for the PDCC colors--that background DP is amazing. :)

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhhh this is so pretty Benzi ... love how you used the colours and the butterflies and flowers theme is so pretty!
Hope you're having a good weekend and that you didn't get too much more snow!

Michele Gross said...

Benzi this is a wonderful take on the challenge colors! I LOVE your butterfly panel and I'm so glad you played along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

You've created a beautiful montage of butterflies and I love the visual interest of the flowers in the background. Thanks so much for playing along this week at the Play Date Cafe.

Unknown said...

What a fun challenge selecting three items in a row to follow. Cute result!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a beauty....luscious and color...a delight in design.....a breath of fresh air

Chris (catt871) said...

This is gorgeous! I love the bling & the butterflies! THANKS For joining Simon Says Stamp this week!
chris

Ruby said...

Such a pretty card, I just love how you've done the background and your ribbon looks so pretty! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

SAMARA said...

Two years ago Benzi? I am SHOCKED! This card is gorgeous!!!! Yes, it does take over one's life lol. I love the softness of the flutterbyes in the middle...thank YOU for your sensitivity to my layout regarding my daughter's travels. Your comment was SO appreciated. Squishy hugs, Samara

Sherry Czarnecki www.amusestudiostamps.com said...

Thank you for sharing on PDCC, I just found this site and hope to participate more this year! check mine out, it's real simple. www.littlestampsbiglife.blogspot.com

Tracey said...

Hey Benzi!!! LOVE this butterfly infused card!! SOOO PRETTY!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date cafe :)

Julie said...

This is gorgeous Brenda! I love, love, love those stencil chalked butterflies!!! So pretty! That bingo challenge looks fun too!

Libby Hickson said...

Such a gorgeous card, Benzi! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Emily Keaton said...

Congratulations for winning a "Cream in Our Coffee" award for this beautiful card over at PDCC, Benzi!! I'm so happy for you. :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Benzi, congrats on winning a Creamer at the Play Date CAfe!! Yay, Punchie pal!