Friday, July 30, 2010

Bird Admiring a Flower


I'm on the tired side today but managed to get a card made for two challenges over at Splitcoast Stampers. For the "side-swiped" (you know, like a car side-swipe or someone walks by and side-swipes you) challenge which is to do something special with 1-2-3 or all sides of our card, I used piercing on the bottom. I embossed the top with a pretty Cuttlebug flourish given to me by a good friend.

The card is also for another challenge on SCS called QFTD (Queen for the Day) and that is to honor a special stamper. This week was Francie aka Francie G. She has a beautiful gallery of cards so no problem choosing what I wanted to case.

Stamps: Martha Stewart peg stamp starter kit (love it)
Paper: SU Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Melon Mambo and white cardstock
Ink was from the kit listed above except for the Memento dandelion ink for sponging sun, Memento Summer Sky (bird)
Bird charm from a friend on SCS, Pam aka Pam124
Cuttlebug embossing folder-organic flourish
Angel's Landing digital piercing template

Got to run. I have a rushed day...singing in a concert tonight for the W.C. Handy Festival which is a yearly event in my city. Everyone have a great Friday!!!!

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Fun embossing along the top and I love the piercing along the bottom. Totally yummy punch on the olive too! Well done :D

Emily Keaton said...

I love your sweet birdie admiring your gorgeous flower!! What a wonderful composition. And your side-swiping?? Inspired!!! Have a great weekend, Benzi :)

pam124 said...

Benz, you know I love your embossing and piercing on this card. And, that real silver charm I sent you looks awesome. You know that charm is worth its weight in gold!! Did that make sense????? You did an incredible job as always!

Dawn B. said...

Brenda this is so pretty. I love the way you used your ink at the top of the image.. Great job on this challenge card...Rest up and take care.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Benzi, there is a lot of 'movement' on this card which is terrific: the pierced swirls, the embossing folder on the top, and the border punch. It gives the card a light, airy feel. Very pretty!