Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Birds Sing a Song


Can't believe another week has passed since the last Stampin B challenge. This week, challenge #72 here, DT member, NancyRuth gave the challenge to use a die cut, circle, and a flower on your card. My die cut is my circle.
Stamped my bird image, did a little sponging before removing from the die cut, made use of the cuttlebug for dry embossing, and added a flower and it is finished. I think this is the third card in a row on which I've used the wonderful stamp set from my sis. Funny how something just sets around for a year or two and you use one stamp and fall in love with the complete set. Of course, I'm a bird lover so that could be part of the reason I'm so smitten.
Stamps: Cavallina Papers & Co., Inc.-Birds & Nests, Marks Finest Papers-Our Family Tree (sentiment)
Paper: Stampin'Up! Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip and unknown dp
Ink: Memento Desert Sand for sponging, Tombow Markers for inking and huffing
Accessories: Spellbinder's circle nestability, Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes embossing folder
Martha Stewart woodland branch edge punch, Prima Fleur Nursery Tales
Collection for the flower, Making Memories antique copper brad

4 comments:

Marjo said...

Sweet lovely card. Love all the elements.

Hugs, Marjo

Nancy in Iowa said...

Very pretty. The elements work so very well together. Thank you for the inspiration. "Smitten" now there is a word we should all use more often!

Heidi said...

Benzi, I love your card, it's so sweet with that little bird! Everything has a woodsie feel, and I think the music notes are wonderful...can just hear that little bird chirping away. Thanks for always leaving a comment on my blog. You're one sweet gal!

pam124 said...

So, So, So beautiful Benz. Love your bird, colors, embossing border punching and fantastic flower treatment. This is one of my faves!! Hugs, pam