Tuesday, August 10, 2010

QFTD21 & Ribbon Flower for Speedy's Friends


I'm so late getting the QFTD21 card made to honor Irene aka Dandi93 on Splitcoast but
here I am! My son and his family were here for 5 days. What a treat! They have a son 1 1/2 years old and you know I'm spending time with them instead of crafting.
You can be sure I did miss my cards, though!

I also made this card for the Speedy's Friends challenge #15: http://marksfinestpapers.blogspot.com/ Joanne Travis asked that we make our own embellishment. I looked for a flower tutorial and found this one for a ribbon flower. http://lisapace.com/2007/04/18/ribbon-flower-tutorial/It really was easy and I added two buttons with a hot glue gun.

Stamps: Stampin'Up! Pocket Silhouettes for sentiment
Paper: Stampin'Up! Real Red cs, black cs, white cs
Spare Parts (The Paper Studio) round fabric brads
SU Ticket corner punch
Offray Twill tape w/dot

11 comments:

Marisa said...

Great ribbon flower and colour combo. Loving the polka dots and swiss dots. Hope you got a huge grandma/baby fix :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Brenda - this ROCKS! Totally love that flower with the center!! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this wonderful design, Benzi!! That blossom is so beautiful!! Thanks for sharing it in the Friend's of Speedy the Cat's challenge!!

wendyp said...

This is beautiful! Love that ribbon flower!

Emily Keaton said...

So elegant, Benzi!! I LOVE that pretty ribbon flower--so gorgeous. Great color combo for this card, too. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with your son and his family. What a treat :)

Lois said...

Nice ribbon flower -- and the two buttons look great in the middle of it! Love the color combo, too!!!

Unknown said...

Benzi, these cards of late are so grand. I love the sophisticated style you have and a new look that is to be envied. Love them all, Carolyn

Annika said...

What a striking clean design - gorgeous!
Hugs
Annika

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love this, as I said over at SCS. It is crisp and clean, and great colors together; a classic!

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the design!! Thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends.

pam124 said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous Benz. Your flower is incredible and LOVE the color combo. So crisp and clean!! Hugs - pam P.S. Love the gingham button!