Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fall's Fading of the Sunflower


This week for the Speedy's Friends challenge #20, Joanne Travis gave the challenge to do FALL COLORS. That is just perfect as I love to work with those rich colors.
From the first time I used this sunflower from Mark's Finest Papers (Mother's Day card, I believe), I've been in love with it. It is so easy to color and cut out. My coloring today is a bit different to show that the flower is on its last showing of pretty oranges and yellows and is fading fast. I've added some microbeads to the center. Would someone tell me why I keep using them....so messy. I have a 'love, hate' relationship going on here. I guess I love them more than I hate the mess. LOL
Speedy's Friends Challenge is found here:

I'm also entering my card into the Paper Pretties challenge found here: Their challenge is to use pearls, rhinestones, or glitter dots. I am using some gold pearls.

Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers-Blackberries, Sunflowers & Bees
Paper:My Mind's Eye, So Sophie-Open Your Heart, Berry Stem, Stampin'Up! Chocolate Chip, DCWV The Metallic Stack-brass
Accessories: The Paper Studio Fibers, Mark Richards gold metal (for pearls), Martha Stewart Fall Leaves edge punch, Tombow markers and brush for watercoloring, Martha Stewart luster glass microbeads in Brownstone, glossy accents by Ranger, Spellbinder's scalloped circle nestabilitie

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the DP in the background and your flower is gorgeous.

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow...this is a beauty...love the layering, the design, and the rich, fab coloring...you go, girl

Vicki Dutcher said...

Brenda - love this flower! Perfect autumn card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Virgo5 said...

Fabulous fall card, I love the colours you used and your sunflower looks great!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Emily Keaton said...

Such pretty colors, Benzi!! I just love how this turned out :)

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this gorgeous sunflower, Benzi!!

Thank you so very much for sharing this fabulous card with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's fall colors challenge!!

Carol Hurlock said...

Benzi this is just awesome. I love that you used purple as a fall color on this card with the sunflower. It just enhances the beauty of your fading Sunflower. Gorgeous work!

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Anonymous said...

Superb card, Benzi. I love autumn colours, and I really like the richness of this and the feeling of different textures. Fab stuff.

Colleen Dietrich said...

I remember you said those beads are all over the place...well, I'm glad you dragged them out of their packaging, 'cause they are PERFECT in the center of this sunflower!