Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Bird in the Flower Garden

Yes, I'm using another bird! I have really been into bird cards lately. I just adore them.

I was so unhappy with a card I made a couple days ago I decided to do another for one of the challenges I had entered. Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge #105 calls for using three patterned papers. Mine are all matching papers from a Mirabelle paper pack/The Paper Studio. I have used paper from this pad on my last two cards and I can't wait to use more of it. I think it's gorgeous.

I used a Flourishes stamp, Home Tweet Home. I stamped in Always Artichoke and embossed with Zing clear embossing opaque powder. I stamped, colored, cut out, and popped up the little bird.

I am using a sketch from Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #34.


I added some crinkled ribbon, die cut leaves, and a rose button. I popped my sentiment and it is all done.

I'm entering The Pixie Cottage challenge #57-sketch and/or embossing. I embossed my bird house and sentiment.

Recipe:
Stamps: Flourishes-Home Tweet Home
Paper: Stampin'Up! Always Artichoke, PTI cream cardstock, Mirabelle paper pack by The Paper Studio
Ink: Stampin'Up! Always Artichoke, Memento Desert Sand
Accessories: crinkled ribbon, rose button by La Mode Buttons, Spellbinders oval nestabilitie, QuicKutz leaves, Martha Stewart calling card label (cut in half) for sentiment


  


24 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh this is BEAUTIFUL!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is so cute! I love the papers you used and the birdcage with the little bird perched atop is perfect! Thank you for playing along with us at WMSC this week!

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhhh, more gorgeous papers! And keep the birdies coming, this one's so sweet!

Bonnie said...

More pretty paper! This is a paper that I wouldn't use because I would love to look at it too much! The bird is adorable and I love that rose button!

Pam~ said...

Love what you can do with a little bird ... exquisite card!

Katie said...

Super card!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very pretty! That flower is lovely! Thanks for joining us for Timeless Tuesday!

Carol L said...

I too love the Mirabelle paper pack! A dear friend of mine sent it to me as a gift and I just LOVE all of it! This card is just lovely with that sweet little bird perched atop the birdcage! The flower accent is so beautiful and matches the dp so well! A perfect spring card!!

Emily Keaton said...

This is FABULOUS, Benzi! I really like how you interpreted the sketch. Beautiful papers, and it really shows how much you like using this Flourishes stamp set. Lovin' that pretty rose button, too. :)

Mary Duffek said...

Beautiful card....love the little birdie and flowers you used. Awesome blog by the way! Many Blessings to you!!!

Marisa said...

Your DP is gorgeous! Love how you added the bird house too. Wonderfully done :)

Sadilla said...

Very cute... I like the little birdie! =)
thanks for sharing at the pixie cottage
hugs
sadia

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Brenda. That paper is gorgeous. I love birds so much. My son and I enjoy the same nest each year. Great job.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Benzi. Love the paper, the pretty flower... just perfect. :o)

Davi said...

Wowee so very beautiful!! Benzi you are making so many lovely flowers.

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Thanks for wet embossing, it adds a nice finishing touch to the card. Thank you for sharing, and for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Davi said...

Have fun on your trip Benzi!! :)

Basslady said...

everytime you are delighting me more, sweety!

i am a great fan of your card-style...so noble, pure and romantic!

delicious!

many hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Betty Wright said...

Brenda, this is terrific! Love how you incorprated the patterns. The cut work detailing on the little birdie is amazing! Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC!

CarlaKH said...

What a sweet card...so lovely! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a pretty card benzi-love the bird image and the dsp you used

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Just fabulous Benzi. The paper is so delicate and vintage and your design elements are masterful. The embossing is subtle and beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage.
Sharon xx

Julie said...

This is Gorgeous! I love those soft colors! Keep the birds coming I love them too! Hopefully they will bring SPRING with them!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what fab dp...really ties the whole design together...love the sweet birdhouse