Wednesday, May 4, 2011

QFTD58 and challenges-CAS

The QFTD58 on Splitcoaststampers is Anne aka jdmommy. I was Queen last week and now I have to hand the crown over. I wanted to honor Anne by case-ing this beautiful, bird card. I love her image but didn't have it so I used a butterfly silhouette stamp from A Muse Artstamps called Flutterby Flock. I added a sentiment, punched a border from a Martha Stewart flower patch punch, and added a couple of red rhinestones. Red is Anne's favorite color.

Other challenges I'm entering:
Flutterby Wednesday #153 - Use a butterfly, fairy, or angel
Claudia and  Co.   challenge #81-butterflies
Papertake Weekly Challenge-Anything Goes

Recipe:
Stamps: A Muse Artstamps-Flutterby flock, Mark's Finest Papers-Our Family Tree
Paper: PTI cardstock-stamper's select white, true black, and red poppy
Ink: StazOn jet black
Accessories: Martha Stewart flower patch punch, red gemstones

15 comments:

Basslady said...

hi sweety!

i love this card! so elegant and the colour-combo is one of my favourites!
the flower-border on top is gorgeous!

your style is every time so pure and elegant!
so glad, i am a follower of your blog!
not just because of your wonderful creations, honey!

and you were right: the flower on my blog was made with a kebab skewer! ;-)
who says, you can just pick food with them? hahaha...

sending you many hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Davi said...

Girl I think you are getting to be the queen of C&S! This is so very elegant I love the dark butterflies on the white!

KER said...

love the black/white and red...adore the border...and pretty bling on the flutterbys

Danni said...

Love the color combo, so striking! thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Lynne in NI said...

Ohh Brenda, what a perfect CAS card ... LOVIN your colour combo and that pretty flower edge!
Bet it was good to see your family and know they were safe with you.

Marisa said...

Love it :) Can't go wrong with this colour combo and I'm loving that butterfly image and punched flower border along the top. Great card.

Carol L said...

This is sooooo perfect for Anne since she loves red so much! I love the alternating size of those pretty silhouette butterflies, and of course that punched border is as cute as a button! I'd say this is definitely fit for a queen :)

Carol Hurlock said...

This is gorgeous and one of my favorite color combination. White and black are dynamite, but when you add red, you have Oo La La!! Love the border punch and the sweet butterflies. Great card.

Emily Keaton said...

A beautiful CAS card, Benzi. You've captured Anne's style beautifully! She'll love the splash of red. :)

Harriet Skelly said...

I loe this beautiful butterfly card!! Thanks for playing with us at FBW!

Bonnie said...

This is one of my favorite color combinations and I love that pop of red on just one butterfly! It really makes a statement!

Joanne (jojot) said...

stunningly dramatic CAS in my fav color combo of red, black, and white...LOVE it

Pam~ said...

Ooooh, I love, love this! Exquisite Benzi!

Betty Wright said...

Brenda, this is beautiful! Love the doily stamping and the little gingham ribbon with sparkley butterfly is just precious! Lovely card!

Stacie said...

I love black/white/red! This card is beautiful :)