Sunday, July 3, 2011

For a Queen


Just a quick post as I'm a busy girl. Of course, tomorrow is the 4th of July and then on Thursday, my son, his wife, and little munchkin will be arriving for about a 5 day visit. My other son, wife, and two little munchkins will arrive and stay for a while, also. They only live two hrs. away so I see them often. The other one is almost 9 hrs. away.

I did this card for a friend, Nancy aka nwilliams6 (another Alabama girl) who was crowned Queen for the Day...actually for the week..on Splitcoaststampers this past Friday. I was going out of town and didn't get it posted that day. I cased this card of Nancy's. Well, kind of..I did get off the sketch a bit but I think she sees the resemblance.

I made the flower and added some greenery, sponged butterflies that were run throught the textile embossing folder,  and a sentiment. I was really wanting to use this paper as I love birds

Wishing my American friends a Happy July 4th.

Recipe:
Stamps- Flourishes - Humming Along
Paper- The Paper Studio (Birdwatcher Beauties), PTI white cardstock, Bo Bunny Orange citrus dot (opposite side)
Ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk
Accessories: Spellbinders Shapeabilities Floral Doily Motif, Spellbinders Blossom die cut for making flower, Smooch Spritz, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Foliage die cuts, Martha Stewart fir punch and classic butterfly punch, rhinestones, Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder for butterflies

13 comments:

Pam~ said...

Beautiful, Brenda! Love that Shapeabilities floral doily motif! I hope you and your family have a great 4th. I'm enjoying the sound of fireworks tonight in my neighborhood.

Shirley said...

It's gorgeous, Benzi!! I love your flower, the butterflies and that awesome DP too!

nwilliams6 said...

Sweet girl - this is gorgeous and I love it!!!!!!

nwilliams6 said...

Sweet girl - I love this card! Thanks so much for casing me - great colors (wink,wink).

Hussena said...

this is just so beautiful ,love the flower.

Basslady said...

hi sweety!

your card is so bright and fresh and friendly in its images and colours!

love the effect of that cool crumpled flower!

hugs and kisses from germany,

silvi xoxo

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a beautiful flower Benzi and have fun with your children and grandchildren!

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow Benzi this is fantastic. Look at that gorgeous flower-the color is phenomenal. What a beautiful creation filled with your special touches. Love it.

Happy 4th
Carol

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a beauty....love the colors...great collage style card

Emily Keaton said...

This is SO fun, Benzi!! What a great tribute card for Nancy. I love that big beautiful bloom and the lovely birds, too. I hope you have a fabulous visit with your sons and their families. Happy 4th of July!! Enjoy some great times visiting with everyone. :D

Carla said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors and the layout!

Ellen Taylor said...

Awesome flower and papers! I am sure the queen will love this!!!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooheee, what a pretty card! Lovin your fabulous flower and the birdies dp is gorgeous!