Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cork Card......Sailing the High Seas



Joanne, hostess of the Stampin' B's Design Team-challenge #123, wants to see some clouds on our cards this week. I took the easy way out this time and just stamped a few clouds, cut them out, and popped them on.
I have been wanting to stamp on cork for some time and thought this was the day. I didn't realize how easy it would be to do that. I bought sheets of QuicKutz cork that had an adhesive back and it stamped beautifully. I then paper pieced the sailboat and punched my waves with a Fiskars punch called Boundary Waters.

Challenges I'm entering:
Die Cut Dreams Challenge Blog #95-Holiday Fun
Paper Playtime #52-Projects with Water
Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog #65-Summertime

Recipe:
Stamps: Stampabilities Sail Boat, Sentiment is Stampin' Up! Well Scripted, A Muse Artstamps (clouds)
Paper: PTI white cardstock, Stampin'Up! Kraft and Night of Navy, scrap paper for waves, dp is unknown
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Fiskars punch called Boundary Waters, QuicKutz cork 
 

19 comments:

Marisa said...

Great sailboat and I just LOVE the waves!!

Crafterkhush said...

This is really pretty.. Love the waves, the background and those cute clouds.. :-)

Carol L said...

oh my! I just LOVE this one!! The water looks fabulous and so does all the cork! Very creative and fun card!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

STINKIN' CUTE, Benzi! Those waves are great, and the curlicue font of the sentiment matches perfectly!

Basslady said...

*i am sailing*...silvi is trying to imitate rod stewart right now and singing loud...hahaha

sweety, i never ever would have thought about using cork on a card...
i love to use cork-drip-mats for candle lights with napkin-technique, but this is such a cool inspiration!

you are so smashing, hon!

i am so in love with your wonderful creations!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Bernie said...

How cute! Love that sailboat! Never thought cork could make such lovely background. Love the waves and the sentiment goes with them so perfectly!
Blessings Bernie

Tana said...

I love the idea of using cork. I'm going to have to try that. :) Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime.
Tana @ A Caffeinated Crafter

Pam~ said...

"Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me" believe that song is by Styx. That was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw your card. Funny that I saw where someone was singing Rod Stewart (my fav)! Anyway, your card is wonderful ... awesome details!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Brenda....this is absolutely delightful.....fresh as an ocean breeze.....bold in design...fun in theme...fantabulus clouds.....LOVE IT

Debbie said...

Beautiful Sailboat.. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations for our Summertime FUn challenge.

Hugs
Debbie

Dawn said...

What a beautiful card! Love all the details on your card! Thank you for joining in at Paper Playtime's water challenge!

Dragonlady said...

Great holiday fun card, love the clouds. Thanks for playing at Die Cut Dreams.

Hugs Ali x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your clouds are just too cute!! White and fluffy~

Hussena said...

such a cute card the sail boat and clouds have come out so well love those punched waves too.

Julie said...

I love your corky card ;) The cork is fabulous! Never used that before but I'll have to remember it - it makes a great background! Love the waves and the sailboat and your "easy" clouds! Fabulous Card!

Lynne in NI said...

Gosh I didn't know you could get sheets of cork, I love the effect! Hope you've had a good weekend!

Carol Hurlock said...

How fun and fabulous this is. Not only is that sailboat adorable-but that cork background is a superb design element. Super cool card.

Maria Matter said...

this is a great creation for Paper Playtime! how fun is this, love the cork with the boat, great job Benzi
hugs

Ellen Taylor said...

Brilliant use of cork Benzi! Love your fun card!