Monday, September 26, 2011

Glorious Autumn

It has been so long since I've been able to join the girls at The Play Date Cafe. Soooooo, I had a bit of time this afternoon--not really,-- but because I love these colors so much, I decided to get a card made.  And, oh my goodness, it is their 100th challenge (PDCC100) and they have a super prize to be won.  Below are the scrumptious colors:
It certainly looks a lot like Fall to me.

I made my chrysanthemum from a tutorial from here. It is a tutorial by Carol Hurlock, a good friend. If you haven't visited her gallery, you will want to take a long tour. It's fabulous. The mum was made with a Martha Stewart cornflower punch.

My punched border tutorial was found here. It is by Becca Feeken. You'll also want to visit her blog.
She is another very talented lady. I love her tutorials. This was made with a Moroccan border punch by EK Success (not a punch around the page).

My stamp is from Sweet Stamps purchased at Cheery Lynne Designs and is called Leaf Corner. I absolutely love it.

More wonderful challenges:
Woodware USA has a Fall theme challenge-#45-Happy Fall Y'all
The Corrosive Challenge Blog #133-Punches and/or Dies
Card Makin Mama Challenge Blog-#29-Punches
Simon Says Stamp-Punches or Dies

Recipe:
Stamps: Sweet Stamps (purchased at Cheery Lynne Designs) Leaf Corner, Sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers-Autumn Glory set
Paper: PTI white cardstock, unknown name on my rusty color paper (purchased at a scrapbook store),
Accessories: EK Success Moroccan Border punch, pearls, ribbon, Martha Stewart cornflower punch

14 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

This is such a beauty, Benzi! I had to play along with those gorgeous PDCC colors, too. They are perfect for fall!! Your punched border is STUNNING, and I love how that pretty mum you made looks on your layout. Lovely!!!

Dawn B. said...

I love these colors too. My favorite. Your card is so pretty. I love that flower. It is perfect for this challenge. Great job Brenda.

Carol L said...

This is a real beauty Brenda! I love the borders and sentiment, but that pretty flower & ribbon combo working the corner looks really cool :) I like it :)

Marisa said...

Love how you used the punch and well done on the colour combo!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow pretty,pretty,pretty Benzi! Great card :)

Julie said...

This is gorgeous! Love the color combo and gorgeous flower!

Hussena said...

gorgeous card benzi, the color just grabs one's attention right away ,love how u have kept things simple it makes this card all the more striking!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Brenda...paper punching is near and dear to my heart and your card looks fabulous! What a great effect and with those splashes of Fall colors...Wow! again!

Christine said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the punched border edges!!
Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!!
xoxo, Christine

Colleen Dietrich said...

Benzi, wow! This border a la Becca Feeken, and that flower a la Carol (!) are so fab! Yes, it's a good thing you made time to play, because the fall colors go perfectly with your card. Thanks for playing with us at The Cafe! Missed ya!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Glad to see you playing with us again at The Cafe, Benzi! My other comment didn't seem to go thru, so I'm trying again. I love that border a la Becca Feeken, and that flower a la Carol (!). Perfect for our challenge colors this week!

Sara said...

Very pretty, love the border punch and flower! Thanks for playing along with CMM!

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

What a lovely creation! Thanks very much for playing along with us at Corrosive, and good luck! :D

Shirley said...

Fall in all its glory! The punched edge is wonderful the way you used it. I have that punch and need to use it!