Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Rust Colored Mums

I'm so glad to have this card to post. You would not believe all that happened as I was making it. I won't go into details as I don't want to start to boo-hoo. LOL This card was completely finished and with a totally different look...and one I liked...but, things went downhill from there. O.K., in the end, I'm happy with it.

I am using the Sketch Challenge 354 on Splitcoaststampers. I really love the rust color cardstock I used and think it works so well in the Autumn creations.  I embossed my panel (recipe below), colored my mums and cut a die cut swirl. The image is from Mark's Finest Papers and the set is Thankful Mums and Pumpkins.

Entering my card into the challenge at Sweet Stamps-#36-Clean and Simple

Recipe:
Stamps: Mark's Finest Paper-Thankful Mums and Pumpkins
Paper: PTI white cardstock, unknown rust color cs, Stampin'Up! Chocolate Chip and Old Olive cs
Accessories: Sizzix embossing folder-Fall Scene,  Sizzix Scribbles Swirls die cut, pearls, Copics

11 comments:

Basslady said...

hun, the rust-colour looks so fabulous!

love this combination with green...and the textured background is stunning!

my folder-wishlist is getting longer and longer...

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Marisa said...

Gorgeous flower and layout with the flourish being the perfect touch. I just looove that EF!!

Emily Keaton said...

I can't believe that things didn't go smoothly with this card, Benzi. It looks so beautiful!! What could go wrong?? (Ha, I know there are bungles lurking around every turn when you set out to make a card.) The colors and layout are just perfect. Beautiful coloring, too!! I *love* how it turned out--so glad you do, too. :)

Lynne in NI said...

Oh dear, sounds like you had a bit of a calamity in your craft room! But I love how your card turned out, that's such a pretty embossing folder, gorgeous image and great layout too!

Pam~ said...

The finished project is a perfectly stunning fall card! The colors and layout are great! Always enjoy looking at your added embellishments!

Julie said...

This is GORGEOUS! Love those embossed leaves on the orange! Your cards are always amazing but this week they're all inspiring!

Hussena said...

such a beautiful card love the gorgeous embossing and the fall colors are just wow!!

Shirley said...

Very Fall elegant! I love your image and the beautiful embellisments with you embossed paper!!

Bonnie said...

What an elegant card! The mum is beautiful and I love that embossed panel. I'll have to look for that folder. I love the colors here too. Very elegant and classy!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ah, this must be the 'orange' cardstock of which you mentioned in my post recently. ;) I would never label it so, I can see how rusty it is! And it looks great embossed like you did, and with that gorgeous mum.

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

Very pretty card. Love the red embossed paper. Thanks for joining our challenge. I hope you will try Sweet Stamps images sometime.
They are great to work with.