Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bring on the Love and Hearts

The Splitcoast #367 sketch challenge was a good one today and I'm using that sketch to make my card which features a soon-to-be-released stamp set from Mark's Finest Papers, A Heinrich Company  called 'You Are Cherished'.
The set has some wonderful images and sentiments with it. I decided to do the big heart with the lovely pansies inside. I colored with Copics and added some buttons from my Marianne Creatables-Tag and Buttons die cut. I really like it because you can make the buttons any color and design you choose. The punch is Martha Stewart Flower Patch edge.

Challenges entered:
Cupake Craft Challenges #145-Something New ( My something new is  the Marianne Creatables-Tag and Button die)
Stamp and Create- January Monthly Challenge-Anything Goes
Fashionable Stamping Challenges #12-Anything Goes Using New Stash-my new is Marianne Creatables Tag and Button die)

18 comments:

Hussena said...

oh this is so beautiful... i love the pansies in the heart and those buttons so cheery....the color combo is fab!!!

Emily Keaton said...

So pretty in purple, Benzi!

Carla S. said...

This is beautiful, Brenda! Gorgeous heart stamp, wonderfully colored! Love the flower patch border! We are getting so much rain! I think it even hailed during the night!

Marisa said...

Love pansies - they are a sign of spring as they are the first flowers I plant in the planter by my front door :) That border punch is adorable too. Lovely card.

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, that pansy stamp is really beautiful. i love your button die cuts too, great idea. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping challenges
Claire xx

Pam~ said...

Love the richness of the different purples! Cute border punch and goes great with your pansies! A beauty, Benzi!

Carol Hurlock said...

Love this purple heart Benzi that has all those gorgeous pansies. The little flower border punch is darling with this. So pretty and full of springtime magic!

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, love the pansies. Thankyou for joining us at FSC this time.
Yvonne/Meggymay

Bonnie said...

What pretty pansies! I love all that purple!

Bonnie said...

Hey, I forgot to add how lucky you are to have Pam as your SU Demo. I think the 2 of you inspire each other!

Kathy Bradley said...

Ms. Brenda,
Beautiful card for the sneak peek - colored wonderfully - and the pretty punched border is perfect!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Very pretty!!

Maire Gamber said...

This is such a spret card. Love the colors!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh I love your little purple pansies Brenda, they're one of my favourite flowers and I have a big pot by my front door that I fill with them in Spring. Great job with your buttons too!
Hope your coldsore is soon on the mend, I've never had one but it sounds very painful.

NanaConnie said...

Love that stamp with the pansies, Benzi! Gorgeous coloring and fab card.

Davi said...

Brenda, Of course I LOVE this fabulous purple card,,my favorite color :) Such a pretty image and so cool with the punched border!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a GORGEOUS heart! It's filled with pansies (one of my fave flowers) and colored purple (my fave color) = I like it a lot!

I see the MFP logo features a fox now instead of the cat...that's different.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Benzi, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and pretty colours. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge. Hugs, Denise x