Monday, March 12, 2012

Exciting News-Friends of Speedy TV (FOSTV)




We have some new and exciting news for you. We will now be offering a free Mark's Finest Papers, A Heinrich Co stamp set to the winner of the FOSTV challenge. Every week we will be offering a free stamp set to one lucky winner. The stamp set this week will be:

Black-Eyed Susans for Encouragement





 
Hope you'll come along and join us this week and just add your card with the inlinkz tool.



Now, to my card that almost wasn't. I must have made and re-made it 3-4 times because I just couldn't get happy with my design. It started out CAS, then it wasn't, then it was...on and on. So, here is what I ended up with after wasting a lot of paper. I guess it was just one of those times...you know what I mean. Right?

The challenge this week at FOSTV (Friends of Speedy TV challenge 11) at Home of Speedy TV is to make a friend card. I'm using two stamp sets from Mark's Finest Papers, A Heinrich Company-Winter Crocus and Dogwood Blossoms (sentiment). I stamped my image twice, colored, cut out and popped on the crocus blooms giving a 3D effect. My little buttons are from Jo Ann Stores and the punch is Martha Stewart woodland branch edge/bird and branch corner punch around the page. The dp is Paper Pizazz purple plaid.

This week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show is Anything Goes. That kind of challenge is super and easy...the kind I like.

A new challenge for me and it looks like a fun one, ABC DT  Challenge Blog...they have a 'Springtime' theme this week so I'm joining in.

16 comments:

Carla S. said...

Your card turned out beautiful, Brenda! I love the diecut frame and the beautifully colored flowers!

Basslady said...

sweetie, this is fabulous and so striking! the purple flowers and the background are so wonderful!

love this card!

and you are right...the last card showcased one of my new folders... ;-)

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Marisa said...

I loooove crocuses and these are fabulous. Great use of the punch to make the frame.

Pam~ said...

I've been there many times with redos on my card! Your finished card turned out beautiful! Love the purple crocus blooms! I have purple irises blooming in my backyard right now.

Carol L said...

I just saw some pretty crocus in full bloom this morning when I was out and about and you card captured the beautiful colors of early spring! I love the framework and darling little buttons too!

Ravengirl said...

This is beautiful! I completely know what you mean about cards that almost don't make it!

NanaConnie said...

If the crocus are out, it's spring! :-D Love this one, Benzi, especially the vine and bird border around the image. Magnificent!

DJ Rants said...

Wow, gorgeous flowers and I love the branch frame!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Brenda,
What a gorgeous card! The frame is beautiful and the images colored perfectly - very, very elegant!

Unknown said...

That frame is wicked ... great colours too! Thank you for joining the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week ... we hope to see you again soon!

Heidi said...

How cute and springy card- you should come and join us on the ABC DT challenge this month.

http://abcdtchallenge.blogspot.com/

Heidi

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty card!!!

Bonnie said...

I had the same problem with a card I was working on Sunday. Yours turned out much better. I ended up cutting mine up after 3 tries with no success. That's cut up 3 cards! Your crocuses (croci)are so pretty as well as that beautiful punched frame.

Sarah Bennett said...

Ooohhh... what a sweet card! I love the frame and the pretty image. Lovely color choices! Thanks so much for joining us for the ABC DT challenge!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I've had times like that, where the card just won't come together as you like. However, this is really pretty, Benzi, with that fab border punching and the bee-autiful crocuses!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful Spring card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ABC DT Challenge this month!!
~Sheri