Monday, May 6, 2013

From a Branch to a Tree




I'm a busy bee today. This is my second card. I guess my mojo in in overdrive. This will probably be it for a few days, though.

My card is for Whoo Hoo Wednesday at Inspired by Stamping-WHW #99. This is the challenge:
Create a card or project on your blog sharing with us a new way of using your stamps. Or, you can use the tutorial they have to create a card or project.

I am using my stamps for the tree and bird from the Inspired by Stamping Sweet Aviary set. My image is really a branch (one of two in the set) if it is turned sideways and I've thought for a while I could use this one as a tree. So, that's what I did. The bird is from the IBS set Flowers Bloom. I am not sure if this has been done before but I haven't seen it...crossing my fingers that it hasn't. :-)

My punch around the page is Martha Stewart Bird and Branch Woodland punch and the grass edge punch is also Martha Stewart.  The flower button is from Jolee's Boutique Mother of Pearl  Notion Kit (from my sis). It was cream colored and I colored it with brown copics. The seam binding is also IBS sage.

Paper is PTI vintage cream, Stampin'Up! Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede, and Sage Shadow.
Ink-Memento-Rich Cocoa


I'm entering my card into the Inspired by Stamping Customer Gallery-http://joannamunster.com/customer-gallery/

20 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful created card,
Gr Elly

Basslady said...

hun, you are so incredibly gifted and talented! what a work of art!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Beebeebabs said...

Love your beautiful card tfs!!!

Carol L said...

That's a branch? I see it as a beautiful tree too! I just lobe the little birds on the corners of the die you used, and the green ribbon provides such a nice contrast against that dark background! Very pretty!

Donna Hanley said...

Stunning! I love everything about this card. You are really on a roll. Maybe you could lend me some of your MoJo for a while.

Lynne in NI said...

Isn't it great when your mojo co-operates ... and so annoying when it doesn't!! Great card Brenda, love your 'tree', fab colour combo too!

Bonnie said...

Doesn't this branch make an awesome tree! Love the rich brown with the touch of aqua! An awesome color combination! Pretty die too!

Marisa said...

Great tree image and love the punch you used to frame it!

Ellen Taylor said...

I had to pin this one Benz|Inspired me! Love the whole card!

Davi said...

Your mojo must be in overdrive, this is gorgeous! I love the little bird tucked in the grass and the very cool border! I all shows so beautifully on the rich background ;)

nwilliams6 said...

Great idea - it makes a wonderfully fun and whimsical tree! Cute little birdie peaking around too. You are soooo creative! Hugz!

Hussena said...

Gorgeous card Benzi ..absolutely loved the way you have used the IBS stamp ..what an fab idea !!!

Shirley said...

OMGosh!! See what I've been missing. Your card is just so beautiful. That die cut, the images, and that button is to die for. The MS punch is perfect for the image. Thanks for the wonderful comment too, Brenda. Your heart and hand are gold!! :-)

Emily Keaton said...

That PATP set is a PERFECT match for the woodland scene you created, Benzi! Your birdies are stellar :)

NanaConnie said...

Beautiful, Benzi! I love the way your ribbon matches that sweet little bird. Gorgeous color combo!

Maria said...

Saw the sweet little bird and then the frame with birds...how perfect! Great tree image and pretty ribbon on your sweet, lovely card!

Leah said...

Beautiful!! I love the branch as a tree, totally works and all your gorgeous details are just lovely. Thank you so much for joining in for the IBS WHW challenge!

Darnell said...

This is genius, Benzi! That branch makes such a fantastic and fun tree!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

very creative way to use that branch.....love that leafy/branchy border....very primitive and yet elegant

Colleen Dietrich said...

Lovely, lovely birdie card! From the punching around the frame to the bird perched in the grass, this is so 'you', Benz.

Missed you! Hope all's been well with you.