Sunday, October 27, 2013

Grateful-(One Layer)

 
 
I've gotten to a place today where I could make a card and wanted to join challenge #25 at Addicted to CAS.  The code word this week is: One Layer. I love a one layer card...so unadorned. I really meant for this card to be more of a rusty red. Guess I should have used Potter's Clay ink instead of Rhubarb Stalk if that's what I wanted.
 
I thought I would do a Fall card today and use a stamp set by Inkadinkado/ Foliage Trails. I love the set as it has so many wonderful images. The rest of my recipe is below.
 
All I had to do to this card was color in just a bit with a very pale Copic color and I added a sequin in the largest flower.
Splitcoaststampers is featuring Cathy Tidwell aka catdidit as featured stamper today. I cased this card from her wonderful gallery. Of course, I do not have stitching, just used her sketch.
 
Recipe:
Stamps-Inkadinkado/ Foliage Trails set, Creative Imaginations/Thankful set
Paper PTI vintage cream (yes, it does look white here, but isn't)
Ink-Memento Rhubarb Stalk
Accessories-YR000 silk Copic, gold sequin
 

25 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous CAS card, Brenda! You do CAS so well!

UTs Hobby Time said...

Elegant CAS card Benzi. Loved it.

Carol L said...

That stamp makes for one lovely OLC! The single gold sequin is just the perfect finishing touch! SO pretty!

Time to be creativ said...

Eine schöne einfache Karte, Brenda. Der Stempel mit den vielen verschiedenen Blättern und Blumen kommt doch sehr wirkungsvoll auf der Karte herüber.
♥ Grüße, Anja

jimlynn said...

No stitching was required on this as it's beautiful just as is! Love the color you selected for this wonderful one layer card! The sequin gives it just the right amount of bling.
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

I love this card, Brenda. Very pretty colors and that sequin is perfect. A touch of class here.
I also love snowmen. They always make me smile and I used to love making them when I was younger. I patiently waiting to see your favorite one. I know it will be out of this world. Ah, not I've put the pressure on you. LOL
Enjoy your upcoming week.

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely and so well designed my friend. Great colors, message, and bling! Hugz!

Marisa said...

Wonderful one layer card!! Love the image!

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty card!!!

Davi said...

Love that beautiful Spray Brenda!! You do such a fabulous job on those CAS cards! Hope your week is Great ;)

Darnell said...

You've created a beautiful OLC with a lot of depth and interest, Brenda! The colors have orange tones on my monitor so you could also link this up to One Layer Wednesday, which is hosted this week by Karen of "Snippets." Darnell

Maria said...

Such a lovely CAS card with all those little flowers...so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the colors and the stamping, just gorgeous!!!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,great image.xxx

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful spray of leaves and a fantastic sentiment!

MaryH said...

Loved your CASE card, but I think I like this one even better. It's just elegant & refined - your touch of copic & the fab jewel center set off the stamped image perfectly. TFS

NanaConnie said...

So elegant, Benzi. Love the one bit of bling. What a perfect finishing touch!

Carmen S. said...

Ein wunderschöner filigraner Stempel ist das Benzi. Mir gefallen die kleinen Blätter darin.
Deine Karte finde ich sehr Edel.

Liebe Grüße, Carmen

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Benzi. The leaf flourish is so beautiful and the sentiment font is a perfect match. Loll xx

Cathy said...

Just Beautiful. You make CAS look easy. My attempts sure don't look this good.

Cheryl said...

So elegant and CAS. Beautiful sentiment too.

Kylie said...

This is stunning!! Perfect one layer! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Benzi. Fab colours. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at A2CAS.

Karen x

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a CAS delight....love the color

Carol Hurlock said...

Graceful was the perfect word to describe this card. It's very elegant and beautiful.
Bear Hugs,
Carol