Friday, October 4, 2013

Rejoice



I edited this photo after I noticed Donna commented about some sponging on my card. I took a look and sure enough it did look like blue sponging. Gosh, I don't know why that happened because there was no blue sponging. But, I'm glad Donna commented first so I would see and correct that. Thanks, Donna.


It's Friday and that means I have a new card for Queen for the Day #184 on Splitcoaststampers. The queen is Jan aka Precious Kitty and I've chosen this card from her wonderful gallery to case. I've used just her top layer for my sketch  made mine a one layer. As you see, mine turned into a Christmas card.

I love this corner poinsettia digital image which I have had for many years. It is from Sketching Stamper and I'm not sure it is even available now. I put a full sheet of PTI white cardstock into the printer and placed my image in the corner. After this, I cut my card shape. Easy peasy.  The beautiful sentiment is from Bo Bunny/Rejoice Collection-Christmas.

I colored  my image with Copics (R35, R37, R39) and added gold stickles to the center. It's an easy one layer.

I'm entering my card into the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge-No Patterned Paper
I'm also entering my card to the Weekly Christmas Card Challenges #44-Anything Goes
I just found a new challenge that I'm entering: Nonni at  Korttikarkuri-Stamp a Happy Christmas

Wishing all my blogging pals a fabulous Fall weekend.

35 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Just stunning! I love it. The every-so-lightly sponged blue really give a special look to this card and helps bring out the brilliance of the poinsettia. Have a great weekend.

Time to be creativ said...

Hallo Brenda,
deine Karte glänzt durch ihre Schlichtheit. Bei einem so schönen Motiv braucht nichts weiter auf die Karte, denn die Blume strahlt so viel Wärme aus.
♥ Grüße Anja

Basslady said...

you are my CAS-queen, dearie!

a wonderful card!!!!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Ellen Taylor said...

So beautifully vibrant~Had to pin this beauty!

jimlynn said...

Benzi, this is WOW!!!!! Love everything about it. That coloring is just beautiful and what a lovely stamp. A perfect card for Christmas!!!
I'm PINNING this one for sure! Love it.
Lynn

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful poinsettia! It puts me in the mood for Christmas! Love it!

Marisa said...

OOoh, loving that big, red poinsettia!!

Carla S. said...

This is stunning, Brenda! Fantastic coloring of the poinsettias! Have a great weekend!

Beebeebabs said...

Absolutely beautiful as always my friend!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Beautiful card :)
That image is gorgeous-and the sentiment suits it perfectly :)
Have a lovely weekend,Nessa xx

Carol L said...

I just love the explosion of vivid red color in the corner with that gorgeous poinsettia! This is definitely a WOW factor card!! Gorgeous, and I wish you a wonderful autumn weekend as well :)

Diane said...

Wow Brenda, that is a beautiful digital poinsettia image. Makes a very pretty design.

Hugs Diane

Cathy said...

Simply beautiful. Wow impressive....

Pam~ said...

Wow, a very striking card! Those poinsettia's are gorgeous! Gotta love an easy peasy Christmas card! Hope you have a great weekend!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful Christmas card!

Mary Marsh said...

so pretty Benzi and a great tribute to Jan-love your coloring on the poinsietta

paige said...

A beautiful and dramatic card! Love the contrast. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly!

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow, Benz this is gorgeous. Your coloring of the poinsettia is phenomenal. This is such a beauty-love it. Now how far away from Nancy do you live??? Would it be possible for the three of us to get together? That would be awesome.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Karen (karey2005) said...

So pretty and elegant! Thank you for joining Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N, CCC-DT

dstandard said...

This is just totally gorgeous!

Maria said...

Wow! That poinsettia looks very real...so gorgeous! Hope you are enjoying your weekend, hugs!

Davi said...

Wow is this beautiful Brenda! I love the way you just used part of the poinsettia and the bright red on the white is very striking ;)

Anonymous said...

That Poinsettia looks so real!! It's fantastic!!

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous!!! So beautiful and rich!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

absolutely stunning

Nonni said...

Another stunning Christmas creation! I love the image -it looks so real! Thanks for joining my Christmas card challenge!

sandie said...

The colouring is just so rich and beautiful, perfect for our Stamping Xmas card challenge. Thanks for playing x

Marianne said...

Simply stunning, Brenda!

MaryH said...

Gracious, I couldn't believe this was a digi! It is fabulous. Your coloring is astounding, so very realistic with all the contrast you achieved. Absolutely a beautiful one layer card. TFS

Lynne in NI said...

Oooheee, what a stunning poinsettia! I love the real thing, but they never last more than a week in our house! (...possibly something to do with me forgetting to water it Ha!)

nwilliams6 said...

Gorgeous! I love that poinsettia and the card design is Perfect my friend. Hugz!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow, so bold and dramatic! I know white can be difficult to photograph and edit, so maybe that's why it appeared to have blue sponging. When I use GIMP, sometimes that effect happens when I tweak it just a little too much.

~Tammy~ said...

A real beauty!

Kylie said...

Your poinsettia is stunning. A beautiful CAS card. Thanks for joining in at Nonni's Christmas card challenge xx

Viipula said...

Beautiful poinsettia, love this card!