Thursday, January 26, 2012

Late Post for the Queen

I'm back with another post for today. Last Friday, Lisa Lara was named Queen for the Day on Splitcoaststampers. I'm dragging in late with a card to honor her. She has such a fun an creative gallery and I chose this one to case.

I made my flower with a Spellbinders Blossom Two die and ran my needle and thread up the middle of the ribbon to scrunch it so I would have a stem.  Looking at the card, I wish I had made my stem longer for the large blossom. Anyway, added the sentiment and that's it.

Recipe:
Stamp: Flourishes Sweet Nature
Paper: PTI white cardstock, Stampin'Up! Melon Mambo
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: studiog printed buttons, Spellbinders Blossom Two die, Stampin'Up! Melon Mambo ribbon

10 comments:

Julie said...

This is such a BEAUTIFUL CAS card Brenda! I Love that gorgeous ribbon stem and button center - such a pretty color combo!

Carol L said...

How pretty is that great flower and what a wonderful use of ribbon! I love the colors and framework too! Nice one!

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, how sweet, Benzi! I love how you framed that pretty flower!

Maria said...

Gorgeous CAS card! Love the bright colored pink flower! And, great way to add interest with the ribbon...love it!!! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!!:-))

Ellen Taylor said...

Wonderful card to honor Lisa Lara! I haven't had any scs time this week I'll have to check it out. I her work and yours of course!!

Bonnie said...

Ooh! I'm loving this Melon Mambo flower and I think the stem is perfect. I wish I had gotten the chance to CASE one of Lisa Lara's cards this week.

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Benzi!! The impact of this delightfully CAS card is amazing! Love that bright pink in both the flower and the ribbon stem.

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, Brenda, what a fabulous flower! Love the bright colours and pretty button too!

Carol Hurlock said...

Well I know I commented on this on Friday-but I don't know where my comments are going???? Not unless I am losing my brain. This is the second blog I have noticed my comments have come up missing. Please send me an email if you got this comment. I love the color of this beautiful flowers. It makes for one elegant card.

Joanne (jojot) said...

a CAS charmer.....fabbo