Thursday, August 9, 2012

It's Friday...Queen for the Day

This will be my last card until Monday. I just had to do a card for the new queen on Splitcoaststampers. The new queen is Barb aka BarbieP and this is the card I cased. Well, kind of, anyway. I started out the same as her and finally left my paper off at the bottom as it wasn't working
for me.  Then, there were other changes but I think you can see her card as my inspiration.

Thanks to my sis, I'm using a new stamp set today. It includes the flower and butterfly. What a great sis who is always supplying me with wonderful crafting supplies. No, you can't borrow her. LOL

My card also fits the challenge Less is More. This week is a color challenge, blue and green. Hope it is o.k. to use a neutral black as that is the color for my butterfly and sentiment.

The challenge at Moving Along with the Times is Summertime. What says summer better than
butterflies and flowers? :-)

Fabulous Bingo challenge at Simon Says Stamp
As you can see, I chose ribbon, free, and blooms.


Recipe:
Stamps-Inkadinkado/Meadow (from my sis), Flourishes Zinnias (sentiment)
Paper-PTI white cardstock, Stampin'Up! Old Olive
Ink- StazOn Teal Blue, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories-Stampin'Up! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon

22 comments:

Hussena said...

Oh wow this looks just stunning!! i totally love this such a perfect CAS card and such a lovely color and sentiment!!

Basslady said...

hun, i love the pure style and the noblesse of your card!

totally fabulous!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Pam~ said...

I'm looking at your card and thinking how pretty that stamp is as it makes a gorgeous statement on this card. I read your post and see your sis gave it to. Now I'm thinking, "Hmm, wonder if Brenda loans out her sis?" Then I read your next sentence and found my answer. LOL. A girl can dream, right? Wonderful card and sister!

Kathyk said...

Your card is simply lovely - how I love that meadow set of images

Kathyk

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Brenda! I love the color combo you used and the beautiful stamps! Have great weekend!

Sue B said...

Oh this is gorgeous Brenda! what a beautiful stamp and verse! Love the pretty colours and the ribbon finishes it off perfectly… it's a wonderful CAS design!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for my 'Summer' theme and Good Luck in the Challenge!
Hugs Sue xx

Carol L said...

This is a beautiful take on Barb's pretty card, and I prefer the ribbon to the dsp along the bottom edge! Enjoy your weekend and all those new goodies your sweet sister gifted you with :)

Ellen Taylor said...

Love the blue and green color combo! Fabulous blooms! Have a fab weekend!

Viv said...

Such a fabulous card :) Viv xx

Mandi said...

Fantastic card, I adore that stem in that vibrant blue
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Joanne (jojot) said...

really love the colors and simple elegance of this beauty

Davi said...

Beautiful as always!! Love the way you used the color combo Brenda :)

Heather said...

A beautiful card, wonderful colours and your image and sentiment are wonderful - just very elegant.

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us Simon Says Stamp challenge

nwilliams6 said...

This is amazing! The sentiment and image are wonderful (so is your Sis who gives you wonderful presents - I need to talk to my Sis about that), but the whole thing together just works beautifully Benz. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Hugz!!!

Beebeebabs said...

Wow such a beautiful card - love the sentiment - great job thanks for sharing!!!

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry I'm so late in commenting on this lovely card!
This is simply gorgeous.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Colleen Dietrich said...

Your sister just keeps enabling you, doesn't she? ;) Well, lucky YOU! Love your color combo.

yyam said...

Classy card. Beautifully stamped. :)

Lynne in NI said...

Well, if ever you're tempted, I'd certainly buy a ticket in a 'rent Benzi's sister' sweepstake!
Beautiful card, lovin your fab colour combo.
(Oh the pics on my blog were uploaded after my pre-scheduled post went out!)

Maria said...

Very super CAS lovely! The style you do so well...great job! Take care and have a wonderful week, hugs!

Dawny P said...

A really lovely card chick - what gorgeous colours :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, hugs, Dawny x

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful CAS design
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this fortnight for our Summer themed challenge
Lisa x