Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Black Tie Affair

Just a quick upload. I wanted to join in the Featured Stamper challenge today on SCS and the stamper is Elaine aka Quixotic. This is the card I chose to case. Her coloring is outstanding but I didn't use an image to color.

My card also fits the Dirty Dozen challenge this month on Splitcoaststampers which is a black tie party. I wanted it to be elegant and I hope I achieved that.

I used a Heartfelt Creations precut stamp that is cut with the Spellbinders Peony nestabilitie. I stamped three times on black cardstock with VersaMark, then embossed with white embossing powder. Cut the flower with the die cut and popped up. Then, I added the little, red gemstone.

I am entering Amber's Crafts and Stuff - challenge #2-Use Die Cuts

Recipe:
Stamps: Heartfelt Creations-Vintage Wildflower 2 PreCut set
Paper: PTI white cardstock, ColorBok designer paper, black cs from Hobby Lobby
Accessories: Cuttlebug, textile embossing folder, Spellbinders peony nestabilitie, VersaMark, white embossing powder, red gemstone, black satin ribbon

14 comments:

Pam~ said...

You definitely achieved the black tie party look Benzi! This is elegant, classy and stunning! A WOW card ... love it!!!

Marisa said...

Loved it on SCS and loving it all over again here! Stunning card :)

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous flower and such an elegant card! It's dreary here too and cold! It didn't get out of the 30's yesterday and 32° this morning! I think the seasons have gotten mixed up!

Carol L said...

This is so striking with all the dramatic black, and that tiny pop of red color! It's beautifully detailed and designed - a fabulous black-tie card!

Davi said...

Benzi this is do beautiful and elegant!! I have that heartfelt stamp and have never used it! You have inspired me. :) Have a great week.

EVIL twin said...

Beautiful. The black and white color scheme is to die for!

Thanks for joining Challenge #2 at Amber's Crafts & Stuff.


*!* april *!*

Basslady said...

hi sweety!

wow, this card is so absolutely stylish!

love the way you are using your heartfelt-stamp...

fantastic look!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Emily Keaton said...

Definitely elegant, Benzi! I love that splash of color in the center. :)

The Crazy Crafting Lady said...

Love the black and white! So classy.

Thanks for participating in Challenge # 2 at Amber's Crafts and Stuff! I hope you will join us again next Wednesday for Challenge #3!

~*~Amber~*~
www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

Julie said...

This is gorgeous Brenda! Love the embossing, that gorgeous flower and the black & white. Elegant, classy, and beautiful!

Mary Marsh said...

beautiful card benzi-I think its perfect for the black tie affair challenge

Anniebee said...

Hi, Benzi! I really like this classic look with the black and white and that one little red accent really stands out. Very pretty card! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Amber's Crafts and Stuff. I hope you'll join us again soon.

Anne

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow this is just amazing. I love black and white and how formal and elegant it looks. Pair that with this dynamite flower and your have a spellbinding creation fit for any occasion. Just beautiful.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty. This is my first time visiting your blog. I was surprised to read that you have only been making cards for two years. Your cards look like you've been making cards much longer. Your cards are so nicely done.