Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sunshine and Snails Stampin' B's

Vicky Gould is hostess this week of the Stampin B's Design Team and asked that we create our own background-no designer paper, only stamps. As you can see, I have made my card very sunny using several stamps. I first stamped my  white cardstock with a stamp called Speckles in SU Apricot Appeal, then stamped my sun with SU Crushed Curry, embossed with clear embossing powder, heated, and then sponged the entire background with the  Apricot Appeal, making the sun images pop out.
I popped up the back side of my snail after paper piecing with green and white houndstooth. I also used a houndstooth embossing folder and googly eyes.

We hope you'll join our challenge this week. If so, use the inlinkz tool on the Stampin' B's blog.

I am entering this challenge:
Speedy the Cat's Friends #48-Heat and dry embossing and part of image popped up
Stampin' Royalty #65-The Heat is On!! Heat embossing

Recipe:
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers-Apples & Camellias for sentiment, All Night Media-Speckles, Stampendous-Sun Dots, Stampabilities-Sandy Snail
Paper: PTI white cardstock, Making Memories Scrapbook Pad (houndstooth)
Ink: Stampin'Up! Crushed Curry and Apricot Appeal, Memento Bamboo Leaves
Accessories: Copics, Cuttlebug embossing folder-Houndstooth, Twine, VersaMark, Tree House Studio wiggle-eyes

17 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh this is so cute - I love the googly eyes on the snails! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Carol L said...

Awww, this is so stinkin' cute I can't stop smiling:) This will certainly lift the spirits of the recipient when they find this in their mailbox! Great job on this one!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

well, gf....your B's card is just too dang cute....love the use of the twine too....also....thanks so very much for joining
Speedy's Friends in our double embossing and pop it challenge....it is always nice when you play along with us....

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, those googly eyes are precious!! What a fun and cheery card, Benzi. I love how you did your own stamped BG for this. :)

Marisa said...

Those googly eyes are too cute!! Totally adorable card :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute - gotta love the eyes! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Julie said...

Adorable Brenda! Love those booglie eyes and adorable snails. Great colors and textures! I'm behind on my blog commenting - busy week!!!

Pam~ said...

Cutest snails I have ever seen ... adorable card Benzi! Those eyes say it all!

Carol Hurlock said...

This just puts a smile on my face! It is so darn cute with those squiggly eyes. There is no doubt about it how fun and fabulous this card is. You are so creative my friend!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hi Benzi! Feels like since *forever* that I've been here to visit you.
This googly-eyed snail duo is sure to make someone feel better! I'm glad you told us how you made your background paper...I thought it was store-bought! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends.

Bonnie said...

What cute snails! I love their little houndstooth shells and googly eyes! I like the sunshiney background too! Fun card!

Hands On said...

So cute. Love the googly eyes. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty this week.

Susan Raihala said...

What a fab background for those cute little snails! The googly eyes totally make this card, too...the perfect finishing touch!

Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Lynne in NI said...

Hee Heee! What a fab card, it would definately cheer you up if you weren't feeling well! Bet your BG is wonderful IRL with all that clear embossing too!

savvy teaching tips said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

Anonymous said...

Such a super cute card and I love the way you made the embossed images "pop"! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty

Georgeann Manning said...

absolutely adorable! Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!