Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sail the Seas

Good Morning! We had such gorgeous weather a week or so ago and for several days now it has been DREARY. But, the weekend should be pretty and that means hubby and I can work in the yard.

Just want to mention, very soon I will be posting blog candy. It will be to celebrate Spring..so be watching for that...probably this week.  Stay tuned!

The CAS112 on Splitcoasterstampers is to do 'cut up sentiments'. It took me a while to do something I really liked but finally thought of something I was happy with..by adding the dp behind the sentiment instead of just placing it on the card randomly.

I'm using a $1 stamp from Jo Ann Stores bin...and, I really love it. Makes a wonderful clean and simple card.
Colored just a bit with my Copics, added some twine and my sentiment, and did some scoring...and that's it! I'm entering several Spring challenges and what says Spring better than to go sailing.

I am entering these challenges:
Wee Memories #42-Anything Goes
Stamp Something-Spring
Creative Craft Friends #21-Spring
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge #60-Spring has Sprung

Recipe:
Stamps: Studio112 for image, Mark's Finest Papers-Our Family Tree (sentiment)
Paper: PTI white cardstock, blue check from LSS (no name)
Ink: Stampin'Up! Night of Navy
Accessories: red and white twine, Copics, Scor-Pal, Martha Stewart Score Board











7 comments:

Marisa said...

You are rocking the sailing/nautical cards lately, Benzi :) This is great and I love the sentiment over the gingham.

Giovana said...

This is fantastic Benzi!! Love it very much. Thanks so much for joining us at Wee Memories this week.

Emily Keaton said...

This is so crisp and nautical! I love it, Benzi. That scoring looks lovely, and the twine is the perfect touch. Wow, you scored an awesome $1 stamp!!

Carol L said...

You've added just the right touch of blue and red to this great card! I find almost every nautical image serene, and this one fits the bill!! Very pretty!

Bonnie said...

I love all this red, white and blue! It makes me think of the beach!

Carol Hurlock said...

Benzi this is one of those cards that you would find in a boutique at Mystic Seaport in Connecticut that tourist would buy by the truckload. It is just full of the fell of the summer shore on a bright and sunny day. You have captured it perfectly. This is amazing.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Julie said...

I LOVE this Brenda! Absolutely perfect CAS Card! Love the sentiment popped up on the DP!