Thursday, February 16, 2012

CCEE Stampers

You can find my blog hop card one post down for day 3 of Mark's Finest Papers, A Heinrich Company.

This is my card for CCEE Stampers . I've been through quite an ordeal as my blog disappeared and didn't come back for about 6 hours or more. Now, that is quite scary. It was the first time it had happened to me. I was assured by other bloggers it would return and I'm certainly glad it did.

The challenge (CCEE1207) was given by Shirley this week to make a white on white card. You may add color to your image and use a colored ribbon if you like. I did sneak in a bit of lavender behind my cutting and embossing folder. :-)  I do love white on white cards. Hope you do, too. The members of the Design Team have made some beautiful cards. Check them out!!!

I'm using a Flourishes stamp set called A Year of Flowers 2 and it is the tiger lily. The sentiment is Stampendous Encouraging Words.  I used Copics to color the lilies in purples and added a ribbon by Ribbon Boutique in light orchid. Spellbinders Labels 3 is the frame I used for my image .The cutting and embossing folder is Marianne Design Designables Swirls Cutting and Embossing folder.

Cardstock used: PTI white, World Win ColorMates Light Lovely Lilac

25 comments:

Sabrina said...

What a relief to be back - I can imagine the scare!
And wow, I love your colouring of this. It's one of my favourite flower sets :D.

Vicky Gould said...

Oh my gosh, Brenda...I absolutely love this card...the purple peeking out those little branches, your color choice, your image. Wow, wow, wow!

Beebeebabs said...

Absolutely beautiful card thanks for sharing!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Benzi this is gorgeous!!~

Basslady said...

nun, this is so striking and awesome...the lilac-tones...the texture...simply WOW!!!!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

That purple is gorgeous against the white, Benzi!! Nice embossing...looks fabulous!

Carla S. said...

Stunning card, Brenda! I love the die cut background with the purple peeking through! Fantastic coloring of the beautiful flowers! Glad your blog came back! The same thing happened to me awhile ago and it was an awful feeling!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous lilies and I love the bits of cut out. Beautifully done. Glad your blog reappeared too!

Emily Keaton said...

Those purple tiger lilies are STUNNING, Benzi!! I don't think I would have thought to make them purple, but I absolutely love the result. I have that Flourishes stamp--I just may have to give purple tiger lilies a try! Of course, my card could never be as beautiful as yours without that stunning embossed/diecut background. WOW! This is such a beauty, my friend. :)

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, this is a beauty. I love the purple with the white. That embossing folder is awesome. Glad you got your blog back.

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful color on this lovely Card Benzi. I am so glad your blog appeared again - you seriously may need to get one of those force fields put around your house so Pamzi's spy equipment doesn't mess with the computer signals and other technical stuff. Hugz!!!

Bernie said...

This is gorgeous Brenda! So glad hyour blog came back, sure would miss you if it hadn't. I'd freak if I lost mine.
Hugs
Bernie

Kathy Bradley said...

Wow, Benz, this is so exquisite and elegant. Your coloring of the flowers is perfect and love the touches of color behind the image, on your pretty bow and the bits of color on the EF - gorgeous!!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Omigosh, is that purple ever STUNNING against the white, Brenda! This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm so glad you got your blog back! What a scare!

Colleen Dietrich said...

So purdy, with all the white and splashes of lilac. Glad your blog came back! I know two other people this happened to. Craziness!

Designing with Debbie said...

Brenda what a beautiful card. I love the purple and the colored embossing.

Bonnie said...

I love, love, love that embossed and cut panel with the purple peeking out and the beautifully colored lilies!

Lagene said...

GORGEOUS card~!

Ellen Taylor said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous creation Brenda!
The pop of purple behind the embossed panel~WOW!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

pure gorgeousness, Brenda....love the addition of the lilac peeking out....elegant creation

so very happy to 'see' your blog up and running again

Ultimate Whirligig said...

What fantastic embossing. I've never thought of cutting sections out and layer colour under it. Very effective.

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

I'm normally not a fan of purple but DANG! You made it work here, sistah! Great colouring. Beautifully done!

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh Brenda, this is so pretty, great idea to have that peek of purple! Bet that was scary to have your blog disappear, so glad you made it back :)

Dawn B. said...

This is fabulous. Oh so pretty with the white and purple. Love this. Glad you blog came back. It is a frustrating thing..

СВЕТЛАНА said...

Очень красиво и изысканно!