Monday, February 13, 2012

Pop-Up Card



 This is my first pop-up card and it was fun. The tutorial can be found here  on Splitcoaststampers if you would like to make one. It really was easy. I'm using a couple of the stamp sets that will be released tomorrow (Tuesday) at Mark's Finest Papers, A Heinrich Company. The stamp set on the outside of the card is Dogwood Blossoms and the inside image/sentiment is Blessings. The DT will be having a blog hop starting Tuesday and going through  Friday showing these and other sets that will be released. Hope you'll hop along with us.

My card is for the FOSTV challenge at Home of Speedy TV and it is to decorate the inside of your card. I used one of the pretty images from Blessings and cut out only the rabbit's head and propped on the sentiment. Love his long, floppy ears. I'll be showcasing that complete image later in the week.

A little tip: To get the purple nestabilitie the size I wanted, I put down the nestie and traced the outer edge and then cut out with scissors. My next nestabilitie size would have left a larger rim than I wanted.  That is a litte trick I learned from Lois aka Clownmom, one of the MFP team members.

Recipe:
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers, A Heinrich Company-Dogwood Blossoms and Blessings
Paper: Mark's Finest Papers-White Storm Premium  and Garnet cardstock
Accessories: Marianne Designs Designables Swirls cutting and embossing folder, Spelllbinders Labels 4, pink pearls, Copics

13 comments:

Bernie said...

So beautiful! Love that dogwood blossom and the bunny is adorable. That border punch is lovely.
Hugs & Blessings Bernie

Marisa said...

There is that lovely dogwood again :) Loving the inside with the pop up bunny too.

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, my goodness! Benzi, this pop-up card is adorable. Looks like it would be really challenging. I think you nailed it! And that bunny? The sweetest ever. :)

Carla S. said...

Beautiful pop-up card, Brenda! Love the images and the whole design!

NanaConnie said...

What an incredible Easter card, Benzi! Gorgeous coloring on the dogwood and that bunny is the cutest thing. Love the punched border inside the card.

Pat said...

I love the pop up bunny. Great idea.

Colleen Dietrich said...

How adorable! Way to go, attempting the pop up card, Benzi. Some day I may try that. ;)

That bunny is so cute, and what a nice surprise to have him pop out when the card is opened.

Bonnie said...

Very pretty Dogwood blossom! We'll be seeing them soon I hope! I love that cute little bunny peeking out. He is adorable.

Ellen Taylor said...

Love that sweet popped bunny and your dogwood. I have never tried a pop up card before, just might have to try one! Have a fabulous day Brenda!!
hugs!

Ravengirl said...

This is so fun! I love that you decorated the inside with a pop up! Clever!

Joanne (jojot) said...

adorable...love the pop up quality

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh How cute Benzi I love your pop up card-- hope you make more-- I love seeing pop up cards!

Lynne in NI said...

Such a pretty flower and I love your little peeking bunny too! Great tip about your nestabilities too, I must remember that one!