Thursday, July 26, 2012

CCEE Stampers-Step Card



CCEE Stampers-challenge CCEE1230

Thanks to Lois/clownmom, I was challenged and tried a technique that I had never done before, a step card. That is what is good about a challenge, I suppose. This was fun, fun. You can find this technique on Splitcoaststampers by none other than our own at CCEE Stampers, Frances Byrne. You can also find a tutorial there for the side step. I chose to do the center step.

I'm using  stamp sets from Mark's Finest Papers and Stamps, A Heinrich Co. called Christmas Wreath Mini and New Pines.

I made a template for my snow by just cutting a piece of cardstock and I got out my Tim Holtz blending tool (love that thing) and some Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Stormy Sky and inked it.

Some of the trees were embossed using VersaMark Dazzle and PearLustre embossing powder by Stampendous. The color is Jade. The other trees were stamped with Memento Bamboo Leaves,  and not embossed,  to give a farther away look. I think the Jade embossed trees look as if they have some sun shining on them toward the bottom. It's really my lighting.

My card has one of those eye trick things (optical illusions)..when I look at the embossed panel strip on the left, it sometimes looks debossed and other times embossed.  Is it just my eyes or do you see that? It really is embossed. :-)

PTI white cardstock, SU Cherry Cobbler
Handmade banner for sentiment
Cuttlebug embossing folder-Snowflakes
Sizzix embossing folder (from my sis)-Christmas Set #6 (I used the strips in the set)

18 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

Awesome Christmas card, Brenda!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous step card, Brenda! Love the two-tone trees and the sparkle!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

terrific

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful step card Benzi- love the look you created with your pine trees

Lois said...

Great Christmas card, Brenda. I love the different shades of green on your trees. As I've driven on the highway, I've always thought about how many different shades of green there are on all those trees along the side of the road. Your card demonstrates that. I love it!

wannabcre8tive said...

Great job, Brenda. I love how you used the embossing strips on this beauty.

Marisa said...

Lovely Christmas card, Benzi :) Love the punched snowflakes down the side and your snow banks on the front. I have never done a step card myself and think I need to try one.

Beebeebabs said...

Such a beautiful card - love it!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Benz,
Absolutely beautiful - and I bet it's nice and cool at that location!! The trees look so pretty - wow!

Marianne said...

Wonderful card, Brenda. I love the different shades of green. And yes, embossing images do play tricks on the eyes sometimes, don't they?

Pam~ said...

Awesome step card, Brenda! Your trees are perfect for this layout and look gorgeous! Great texture too!

Hope your having fun at the Blues festival.

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is a beauty...you mastered this card style...wow

Carol L said...

What a beautiful creation! Those trees are simply beautiful and you did a wonderful job on your first try with this unique fold! I see embossing BTW :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

I see the optical illusion you mention! I also see a VERY gorgeous, elegant holiday card. Now, make sure you have my address in your book, 'kay? ;) LOL

Sabrina said...

What a great Christmas card - love the crisp, clean look.
I too have noticed that some embossing can look debossed - a trick of the eye, I guess. But whichever way I see this it's fab :D.

Ellen Taylor said...

Oohing and ahhing over your snow banks! Marvelous center step card! Have a fabulous day my friend!

Bonnie said...

I haven't done a step card in ages! In fact, I think I've only done one. Your beautiful creation shows me that I need to try this again. Love those trees and the beautiful embossing!

Julie said...

Gorgeous step card Brenda!