Friday, July 27, 2012

Easy and Quick Christmas Card


It's Friday and I'm here with my card for the newly crowned Queen for the Day on Splitcoaststampers. The new queen is Bev Gerard aka TexasGrammy. I think just about everyone on SCS knows Bev and her sweet personality, great talent, and  what a super gallery she has.

I cased this card of Bev's as I was needing something quick and easy. You could whip out several of these in an afternoon. I hand cut my banners from three different designer papers, added a sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers and Stamps, A Heinrich Co. called Greetings of the Season Mini. I'm using two punches, Martha Stewart peppermint punch and EK Success Paper Shaper star.

The papers are Making Memories - Advent Mistletoe and American Crafts/Dear Lizzy/Christmas Sleighing Song. The snowflake paper is unknown and probably picked it up at Hobby Lobby. The ink is Memento Tuxedo Black. To make my star more stable, I punched it with dp and then cardstock which I glued to the back.

I want to enter my card into these  challenges:
Simply Create Too which is to Use It Twice (two or more times). That would be my hand cut banners.
Simon Says Stamp-Anything Goes

I think this will be my last post until Monday when I'll post my latest card for Friends of Speedy TV. I have quite a busy weekend. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend. Thanks so much for visiting.

21 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Benz! I adore this card! I think I will have to case your case of Bev! This would make a super fun Christmas card and you are right - it would be easy to make several of them. Of course, your papers and embellishments also make it special! Hope you have a great weekend! Hugz!!!

Carol L said...

I'm definitely going to have to CASE this card from you (and Bev)! I love the simple, yet effective holiday message with all those great papers and punched elements! Love it!!
Have a great weekend!

Ardyth said...

This is a great Christmas card - it captures so many Christmas elements and symbols without feeling busy or over done! Clever!

JD/ Jill said...

Great card! Very creative, so very nicely done!

Davi said...

Awesoome card Brenda~~ I love the way you used the three different dps and popped up star!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous CAS card, Brenda! Very creative design! The DP banners really pop! Have a great weekend!

Marisa said...

What a delightful card, Brenda! Love the papers and the horizontal banners. One less Christmas card to make now :) Enjoy your weekend.

Marianne said...

Oh WOW, Brenda, this card is absolutely stunning and even more balanced (in my opinion) than the original. I'd like to CASE your card, too! The card would also have been perfect for last fortnight's prompt for either red OR green cards over at the Jingle Belles blog.
Enjoy your weekend, even if it's a busy one!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Great use of the Christmas tapes, Benzi. Hope your weekend is a fun one while you're being busy. :) (i.e., no cleaning of the house...it's been done to the nines, wouldn't you say?)

Maria said...

It may have been quick and easy, but the results are so lovely! Sweet banners in beautiful paper! All so pretty against the white...love it! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!

Beebeebabs said...

Absolutely beautiful card - love the choice of paper thanks for sharing!!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

wonderfully done...

Pia S said...

What a fab design - the strips of paper are really decorative.

Pam~ said...

Love that it is quick and easy with a lot of festive flair! Beautiful, Brenda!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh, I love it! Great choice of DP! (might have to case your case too!)
Have a good weekend :)

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Benzi: Your card is so beautiful--love it. Glad you joined us for Challenge #18 - "Use it Twice"


Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Ellen Taylor said...

Simple and sweet! Love the papers!

Bonnie said...

A simple card with a big impact! What a great way to use some of those little strips of DP that are left over! Hmm! This will go in my CASE file.

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the design! So fab!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Joanne (jojot) said...

may have to case this idea for some CAS and yet fabulous holiday cards...wonderful inspiration

Julie said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Brenda! I love the layout with the banners! So pretty!

Easy and Quick are two of my favorite things for Christmas cards. Somehow I always thing the cards I design are going to be quick and easy but they take a long time anyway!