Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Blues

I wanted to make a card for the central theme of the 'Summertime' Fan Club Challenge on Splitcoaststampers and thought this stamp would fit perfectly. It is by Stamps Happen, Inc and is The Magic of Music.

To explain the blue heart, we are in the days of the W.C. Handy Festival in our city. This is when we celebrate W.C. Handy as he was born in our city in 1893. He is known as the Father of the Blues. Our city is filled with music of all kinds day and night in this 10 day festival. I will be singing in a concert on Friday night and really look forward to it.

My card is entered into the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week-Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Brenda! I love the color and the stamp! Excellent CAS design!

Marisa said...

Perfect image for a Jazz festival poster :) Great card for any music lover.

Marianne said...

Fab card, Brenda! Love the splash of aqua. Enjoy the singing and the music!

Beebeebabs said...

Another beauty - love it!!!

Lynne in NI said...

Gosh, you've been busy Brenda! I've loads to catch up on here! Beautiful card, just perfect for your musical weekend. Enjoy your concert!

Pam~ said...

Neat looking heart with the music going through it! A very nice CAS card!

Wish I was a little closer so I could come hear you sing Friday night. I didn't realize it was a ten day festival...fun fun!

Carol L said...

That is really a cool stamp, and I love the blue color to indicate the Father of the Blues! I adore the way the sentiment surrounds the image! Fabulous card!

Bonnie said...

I love the movement in this stamp. In the summertime we had band concerts every week when I was a kid. We used to sit on the hood of the car and eat popcorn and had the best time. Your festival sounds wonderful. Wish I could hear you sing.

Basslady said...

you know, hun, how much i love music-stamps! yippeeee...love, love, love it!

the cool blue gives it a summer-breeze-touch...fabulous!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Joanne (jojot) said...

beautifully artistic and bold in color

Lin said...

What a great image and a beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Trish Latimer said...

Love this, such a fab image!!!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love the image.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Julie said...

Another CAS beauty Brenda! I LOVE the blue heart! Hope you had a fabulous time at the festival. Singing is not something you will ever find me doing - LOL.