Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Roses From My Love and An Award


Betty aka gbedwright on Splitcoaststampers asked me to sample with her today for the
Tuesday Color Challenge. I was thrilled to do it but had many problems along the way. This is one of those cards I would love to do over. Then, before I could get the photo I wanted, my camera died. I charged with no luck so I guess I need a new battery. Ugh! Have you ever had a day when nothing seemed to go right...well, I was smack in the middle of one. LOL

The colors for the challenge were: Rose Red, Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, ivory or white, and for a dessert option, you could choose another color. I chose Old Olive. I had to substitute Daffodil Delight for So Saffron and inked my gray cardstock from Hobby Lobby with Versa Mark to darken a bit.

Stamp: Miss Elizabeth (no name) Found at the Dollar Tree-I think it looks like watercolor. I did Tombow marker to stamp for the color. I always watercolor with a brush and couldn't do it on my cardstock. Some of the ink needed moving around so I barely wet my brush and filled in just a tad.


Accessories: Spellbinders oval nestabilitie and Lattice Shapeabilities Pendants, Cuttlebug embossing folder (Textile), Martha Stewart French Scroll border punch, Lace trim from Jo-Ann's.

I received this lovely award from Emily Keaton.

Thanks so much Emily! I adore having it from a good stamper friend.

I am happy to pass it on to seven more stampers. Some of these may not know me really well, others do. But, I so enjoy visiting their blogs. Some have wonderful tutorials, great organizational ideas, some are friends with wonderful galleries and some just come and leave wonderful comments on my blog. Each one has inspired me in my card creations.
Lynne-Ruby-dooby-doo's stampin spot
Julie-Julie Makes Cards
Carol-Chocolate, Crafts, and Bears Oh My!
Peggy-The Nutty Cardmaker
Patter-Triple the Scraps
Bonnie-Pretties by Bonnie
Joan Ervin-Stamping With a Passion!

O.K., I'm back to Splitcoasterstampers and hoping the gallery is up and going from maintenance repairs.

11 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Benzi, how exciting that you were asked by Betty to do a sample! Congrats! That's huge, in my book. :)

Very pretty card, even if things were not cooperating with you.

Marisa said...

Congrats on being a SCS CC diva this week :) Aren't you clever using versamark to darken your grey - need to tuck that one away for future use! Love the matting of the focal image. Hope your day gets better as it goes along (having one of them myself today!)

Joan Ervin said...

Congrats on being one of the CC gals today...your card is sooo pretty and I'm glad you overcame all the obstacles to get it posted!!! The flower image is beautiful and I just love the gorgeous lace!!! Thanks so much for the lovely award, too!!!!

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, Benzi--what an honor to be asked by Benzi to sample for the SCS color challenge this week. Way to go, my friend!! I just love what you came up with--but so sorry to hear of the troubles you had along with way! The lace trim on this is just dyn-o-mite. Gorgeous work, all around!

Lynne in NI said...

What a beautiful card Benzi, how cool are you to be a CC sampler! Sorry to hear you had 'one of those days' when you were making it though!
Congrats on your award - its always a pleasure to see what you've been creating next - and thanks so much for passing it to me!

Julie said...

Wow! Your sample for today's color challenge is GORGEOUS! Congrats on being asked to create the sample. It's always my fear that my camera battery is going to die right when I NEED to post a card.

Thank you for passing on the lovely blog award! I just love it! I've never received a blog award before. It made my day! Can't wait to share it.

Bonnie McLain said...

Oh Brenda... what a lovely card...I am sure Betty was happy to have you sample with her... she is a really sweet person... that is for sure. I kept myself very low keyed today... we had a very severe storm last night and we were up half the night cleaning up water... No challenges... at all.. I am feeling the withdrawal tonight... LOL...

Thank You so very much for the Award... I Really Appreciate that greatly... Thank You very much again.

Have a wonderful day... especially after the one you had today.. tomorrow will be better... I know it will ... can't be as bad as today...
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

Dawn B. said...

Brenda this is lovely.. It looks so pretty in these colors.. I really like the way you used your lace..This looks so vintage.. Great job..Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Benzi, I love the watercolour effect of the image, it's very soft and pretty. Sorry to hear about your day - hopefully today will be much better!

marilynprestonn said...

What a beautiful card Brenda. I have not done the challenge this week, but wow, your combo is awesome, as always sweetie.

Thank you for the blog award, what a darling thing to do. I will need to see how I can take it to mine...

I feel honored and moved that you thought of me.

Hugs,peggyxo

Joanne (jojot) said...

that lace effect at the top is so wonderful....and it is gorgeous lace as well....and yep....I too have had some technical problems....hope you have gotten your camera up and running...gorgeous work