Friday, November 26, 2010

EtsyInspired Inspiration challenge #115, Stampin B's #86

I am really so glad to get my card uploaded this morning. Between leaving my cameras out of town last weekend (ugh), going away for Thanksgiving, leaving in about two hours for an out of town college football game, I managed to get a card made, get my cameras back, and get uploaded Whew! What a week.

I made my card for the EtsyInspired challenge #115: You are to be inspired by the Qeen of Tarts Cakes/Queen of Tarts Wafers Etsy Store and was I ever inspired. Yummy goodies galore! The team would also like for you to use squares/inchies, if possible.  I chose this wreath from the cakes as my inspiration.
I am using taglet squares from Flower Soft. I have Flower Soft scattered all over the floor of my craft room. I really thought I was keeping it really clean but the floor is looking a bit green and red in places. I guess that is what the vacuum is for. LOL I stamped  the letters in each square to spell out Joy. Then, I added added a yummy red velvet ribbon.

I'm adding this card also to the Stampin B's Design Team challenge #86. Faith challenged us to make a holiday card.

Recipe:
Stamp: American Crafts clear stamps-alphabet
Paper: Stampin'Up! Always Artichoke, PTI white cardstock
Ink: Stampin'Up! Always Artichoke
Accessories: Flower Soft Holly and Ivy Taglets, Celebrate It red velvet ribbon, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder,  Flower Soft colors-Christmas Green, Shamrock Green, and Poppy Red

10 comments:

Carol L said...

Now this is a very clever interpretation of the challenge and I love it! I really like how each wreath is slightly different, and that pretty red ribbon ties them all together perfectly!
I hope your weekend is worry and hassle-free and do enjoy that football game!

mueppi said...

Your card is great!
Have a wonderful weekend!!
Hugs Gisela

de said...

GORGEOUS! Love how you used squares and spelled JOY! Lovely holiday card!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Basslady said...

delicious card with your adorable clean style!
really everytime so noble and stylish!

and the flower soft looks awesome!

hugs and kisses from cold and snowy germany,
silvi xoxo

Queenie said...

LOVELY layout and images in your squares! What a perfect Christmas card! Thanks for playing EIC this week!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, I love the squares and how you used the wreath as inspiration. I'm so glad you got your cameras back OK - have a restful weekend my friend! x

SmilynStef said...

Love those soft little squares ... wonderful Etsy Inspired design.

Julie said...

Great job with these challenges Brenda! This is so pretty! I'm so glad you got your camera back! Hope you had a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Lynne in NI said...

Cool card, love all your different wreaths!
Glad you got your camera back - I got a new camera, busy now trying to find out how it works!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is just adorable. I love how you laid this one out. It so attractive and elegant.

Bear Hugs,
Carol