Tuesday, November 30, 2010

QFTD37, Cute Card Thursday, Christmas Stampin', Ellephantastic Card and Crafts Challenge Blog

Rain, rain, go away....or not. Really, I am enjoying it. I think it rained heavy all night and will probably rain all  day. That makes for a good craft day. Eek! I really need to be doing other things. I'm sure you know how it is. LOL
I'm making my card for four challenges:

QFTD #37 on Splitcoaststampers- The Queen is Kathy aka CAKath and here is the card I cased.

Cute Card Thursday #140 Revisit a previous challenge What a fun challenge! I went far back to their first challenge of 2009, #42 (no title) but the challenge was to use something on your card you got for Christmas or something you bought for yourself over the holidays. I bought this embossing folder over the holidays last year.

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long- #72  Anything Goes

Ellephantastic Cards and Crafts Challenge Blog  #20-Red and Green and/or St. Andrew's Day

I love how the new Punch All Over the Page looks. I stamped the holly, cut out, embossed, and used stickles on the berries. Punched the bell and added stickles to the top and bottom  of the bell (which I don't think shows). Embossed the folder and that's it!
Recipe:
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers-Snowman Country (sentiment), Stamps Happen-Swirl of Holly
Paper: Stampin'Up! Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive, PTI white cardstock
Accessories: Martha Stewart-Punch All Over the Page, The Paper Studio bell punch, VersaMark Dazzle-Frost, Xmas red stickles for holly berries and part of bell, Cuttlebug embossing folder - Baubles and Bows

16 comments:

Basslady said...

hey sweety!

so sad, you don't live in germany...
seems we are both such folder-fans...
we could have a fantastic folder-party... ;-)

very cool punchin on this card! looks punch-tastic...ain't this a cool invention of a word for a german lady?

hugs and kisses from snowy, windy and cold germany,
silvi xoxo

Jill said...

Just love the simplicity of your card, its so nice! Thanks for playing along at Ellephantastic this week and hope to see you again soon. Jill

Lynne in NI said...

Fabulous! Love the pop of red and green against the white BG.
I'll swap you snow and icy winds for rain any day!

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMG, gf...you packed a lot of challenges in this gorgeous CAS card.....really beautifully done

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Brenda :) Love the punched out circle and the EF is fabulous. Gorgeous Christmas card.

I'm slowly digging my way into my craft room LOL! It is a disaster right now!! Have to spend some time cleaning up after the production frenzie.

I hear you re: the rain. Lots of it here after two snowfalls so it is w-e-t wet out here - ugh!

Julie said...

Brenda this is GORGEOUS!!!! I love the embossed bg and the red & white colors are so pretty! We had rain here in Michigan today too - tomorrow they say snow UGH.

Carol Hurlock said...

Benzi this is positively exquisite. How creative and beautiful this card is. The embossing is lovely. What really grabs my attention is the cutout...that is so clever. This is one awesome card.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a great look! Love the embossing and wonderful punched frame for the sentiment. Fabulous card.

Anne Temple said...

Love the simplicity of this card, beautiful. Also love the new punch anywhere on the page punches.

Emily Keaton said...

I love this Benzi, and didn't notice before that the sentiment is from an MFP set. I love how you used it!! A truly great card, my friend. :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty! Love how you punched out the ornament. :o)

Davi said...

Benzi This is beautiful! I love the embossing and how the red just pops on the clean white!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I like how you've used your new Punch All Over The Page here. I had to pass those by on my recent trip to Mike's. :( Someday soon I hope to own one.

Helen Laurence said...

Great card simple yet very effective love it, Thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic hugs x x

pam124 said...

Hi, you're left out non-blogger friend! Tears rolling down my sad cheeks. Thought I'd take a cruise through your wonderful blog Benzi. I can see why you are enjoying it. I LOVE this holiday card and that ef. I think I have that one too. Your cut out frame is fabulous and your little bell adds a nice extra touch. I wish I could comment on all your blog cardz my little pretty; but, alas, you know the real cowboy is due to arrive tomorrow evening at da ranch, so it may be awhile b/f you hear from me again. Of course, you probably wouldn't notice anyway since I'm not important like you cuz I am blogless!! Hugzi

pam124 said...

I see you have 43 followers now; it must be nice to be so important. In fact, you may get so busy, you won't be able to be prez of our group anymore. One can hope! LOL!