Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday Throwdown-MyGrafico--double flap card

Good Tuesday morning to you! This morning I have some good news to share. I have been asked to join the Tuesday Throwdown blog challenge girls as a Design Team member and I look forward to working with each one.
This week MYGRAFICO is our sponsor and gave us some lovely, pre-colored florals to work with. The name is called Spotsy Dotsy Floral Collection.There are a lot of elements, borders and papers in the collection.
I saw this double flap card at Dawn's Stamping Studio and wanted to give it a try. There is a video and the card is really easy to make. I curled my flower a bit with the stylus, put some greenery behind it that I punched out, and added a butterfly punched out of red glitter paper.
I'm using my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots  and my favorite, Textile, embossing folders.



My left flap opens and show the sentiment. I used a Happy Birthday sentiment and it could be Happy Birthday America (as we are doing red, white, and blue) or it could just be a birthday card for anyone.


You can open the right flap and this is where you can write a note. I added some plain paper for writing as I had embossed this area. I also printed out the same flower as on the front, just a smaller version, and added to the top of the notecard...just for a pretty touch.
Hope you'll join us at the Tuesday Throwdown challenge.

Challenges I'm entering:
Sentimental Sundays #61-Use patriotic colors and a sentiment
Penny's Paper Crafty #56-red, white, and blue
Scrapbook Sisters #41-card challenge/Anything Goes

Recipe:
Image: MYGRAFICO-Spotsy Dotsy Floral Collection, Mark's Finest Papers-Hearts, Hearts, Hearts (sentiment)
Paper: PTI white cardstock, Stampin'Up! Night of Navy, Old Olive, Baja Breeze,  Real Red, misc. red glitter paper
Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folders-Swiss Dots and Textile, Martha Stewart fir punch and classic butterfly punch, Spellbinders nested pennants

19 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh I just love the embossing on this one!

Hussena said...

so very pretty love the flower and your layout

Emily Keaton said...

Hi, Benzi!! Congratulations on joining the TT team. I know you will do a super job!! This card is just beautiful. I really like how you designed it, and thanks for the peeks of the inside. This is such a classy red, white, and blue card!

Pam~ said...

Woo hoo, congrats to you Brenda ... well deserved! I'm lovin' this card with the different embossing folders ... yummy! Great lines in this card! Enjoy another rainy morning!

Lauren said...

What a lovely card! I love all the embossing! We are thrilled to have you join our DT at Tuesday Throwdown!

Lauren

Shirley said...

Wow! What a show stopper! I never use these colors and this is why I should! How elegant, sophisticated, and absolutely lovely in every detail!!!

Shirley said...

Hee hee! and yes, I love the pop up too!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations Benzi! I love this super card! I rarely do fancy folds but this looks like fun!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations Benzi! I love this super card! I rarely do fancy folds but this looks like fun!

Marisa said...

Be still my heart, white space, swiss dots, flowers and butterfliers - I'm in heaven :) Great card!

Courtney said...

This is absolutely beautiful Benzi!! Thanks so much for joining in on our Red, White & Blue Challenge at Penny’s. Good Luck!!

Courtney~

Lynne in NI said...

Congratulations Brenda! Enjoy your DT post! And beautiful card ... your double flap is such a great idea (I love that you're always trying new effects, wish I was half as adventurous as you!)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Brenda! Such a wonderful combination of textures, and I love how that little flap opens up to reveal the greeting. That's a sweet little suprise! Welcome to the Tuesday Throwdown team -- we're so excited to have you! :-)

Davi said...

Fab job Brenda!! I love the way it opens and the fun texture with the flowers!

Maria said...

Oh what a lovely card! Beautiful embossing on the card! Gorgeous flower and butterfly! And a sweet surprise in side! Truly a great card! Take care!:-)

papertrails leaver said...

what a fabulous card! Love the embossing and the fold you used. Thanks for joining us at Penny's and Sentimental Sundays! :-) Amy

Julie said...

I absolutely LOVE this flap card! I'm a sucker for embossing and this is PERFECT! Love every bit of it!

Carol L said...

Huge congrats on your new DT assignment!! I couldn't be happier for you! :))
I really like this different folded card, and all the embossing you added! TFS the link too!
You go girl!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

very cool card design....eye catching in those colors