Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Getting Sketchy at Flourishes

My gosh, I am fortunate this is posting as I lost everything on my blog except one card as I tried to post my labels, all because I put an exclamation mark. Yikes!!! Well, I'm back and breathing a sigh of relief..so let's get on with it.


My card is for Flourishes Get Sketchy ... and WIN! challenge. It is today's noon challenge and the sketch is given to us by Barbara Anders. You should check it out and possibly win their entire July release (4 stamp sets). Oh my, that would be awesome as I love their stamps! And, today is not the last day.

I am using Flourishes Humming Along set for the leaves, sentiment, and hummingbird. I hope it was o.k. to turn the sketch a bit. I was trying to preserve my clock. LOL I'm using some Webster's Pages paper and used both sides. Thinking I wanted some texture, I ran my nice, thick dp through a Cuttlebug textile embossing folder. Of course, there are Spellbinders that I use on just about every card. This is a classic,  large oval and I used a Spellbinders nested pennant to stamp my hummingbird.

Recipe:
Stamps: Flourishes Humming Along
Paper: PTI Dark Chocolate, PTI white cardstock, Webster's Pages dp-Lullaby Lane (dbl sided)
Ink: Memento Bamboo Leaves and Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Brown seam binding, Recollections Adhesive faux pearls, Copics

11 comments:

Carol L said...

I really like this one Benz, especially that big clock with the Roman numerals! The design is just gorgeous and the papers are dreamy!

Betty Wright said...

Brenda, this is fabulous1 Love the textured background dp! Great focal image and sentiment! Love how you used the leaves! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes release sketch challenge!

Davi said...

Wow Brenda this is GORGEOUS!! I love the textured dp and all the wonderful layers and elements you used :)

Emily Keaton said...

Cool take on this sketch, Benzi. Your colors and design are gorgeous!

Carol Hurlock said...

What a great sketch and WOW to that paper. I gotta get me some of that-but then again I would cover it up wouldn't I....lol This is wonderful and the choice of brown as an accent color makes it striking.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Benzi wow this is so elegant. I love the embossing and the pearls!

Julie said...

This is GORGEOUS! Love that dp with the clock and how fabulous it looks embossed! Don't think I ever embossed dp - will have to try that - I love it!

Shirley said...

I am in love with this. What a great emboss w DP!! and the image just really stands out with the dies and cardstock used too!

Heather Rogers said...

Sorry to hear about your blog issues. Good thing this lovely creation wasn't lost. You did an amazing job with the sketch. Thanks for playing at Flourishes. :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, Benzi! Love what you did with the sketch! GOOD LUCK! :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

how very rich and classy...fab use of that sketch