Friday, December 9, 2011

Lattice Hearts

I hope my card is fit for a Queen because the new QFTD on SCS is Nancy Littrell. To honor her, I chose this card of hers to case. I just don't need any more Christmas cards so today I thought I would do a Valentine card. Nancy had made a card for the CAS141 challenge on SCS using a sketch from PH in VA so I guess I'm casing both of them.
My card is also for the Free for All on SCS. The challenge is 'All Girlie'. Pink colors and hearts are surely girlie.

My card is one of those CAS easy peasy cards. I had this heart punch that I bought last year and never used. I punched a pink heart and a white heart and placed one in an uneven fashion over the other. I thought it gave it a pretty look. I stamped my sentiment and that is all there was to finish it.

I'm entering the challenge #78 at Wee Memories


Papertake Weekly-Anything Goes
Divas by Design -challenge #16-Anything Goes

Recipe:
Stamps: Stampin'Up! Well Scripted
Paper: PTI white and sweet blush cardstock, Stampin'Up! Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Martha Stewart Lace Scallop Heart Punch

15 comments:

Basslady said...

hun, this is very lovely...the lattice heart you doubled with the pink one looks fantastic!

very clever idea!

hugs and kisses from cold, rainy germany...

silvi xoxo

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous CAS card, Brenda! I love the layered heart!

Marisa said...

I have never seen that MS punch! May have to go on the hunt for it you enabler you! Love the double layered heart (no pun intended). Great card.

Linda Breedlove said...

Oh bless your heart... you said you don't need any more Christmas cards??? Would you like to do some for me? LOL
Love your layered hearts... so pretty! Valentine's Day is just around the corner, isn't it!

Emily Keaton said...

How lovely and CAS, Benzi! Those colors are great for Valentine's Day. And that lattice heart punch is FABULOUS!! You scored with that one ;). Have a great weekend!

Bonnie said...

Love that heart punch! This is such a pretty card and I'm sure Nancy will love it.

Carol L said...

This is fantastic Brenda! I love this simple design and it's a great CASE of Nancy's card!

Hussena said...

beautiful card...loved the layered heart

Dr Sonia S V said...

Yes your card is indeed fitting for a queen Benzi -- the lattice is exquisite

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda, this is gorgeous - simple, elegant and so effective. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck! :o)

Lynne in NI said...

Pure CAS and simply fabulous! Great idea to give your heart a little shadow in a contrast colour.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Sweet! It looks 3D, that heart. And reminds me of pie crust; yum, yum.

Carol Hurlock said...

Love the way you layered the hearts on this card. It really captured my interest on SCS when I saw it-that is so creative.

Shirley said...

A very nice and elegant change. I need to start on these myself!!

Julie said...

Love it!!!