Friday, February 3, 2012

Hearts for Him

I think this will be my hubby's valentine. I've made several but they were too feminine. I guess a woodland branch will be masculine enough and I really do like this one. I was glad to see it go up on Facebook when I posted it to SCS yesterday afternoon. That is always nice.

My card took about 3-4 minutes(love that) to make and honors the new Queen for the Day on Splitcoaststampers.  The Queen is Terri aka Brat Cards and here is the card I loosely cased. I loved her crackled bg but didn't think it would fit with my long branch. This Woodland Branch by Memory Box may be one of my favorite dies at the moment and can see I will use it a lot. The punch is Martha Stewart and wish I could find it online and give it a name. For some reason, I didn't label it as I always do.

The stamp I'm using for the sentiment is from Mark's Finest Papers, A Heinrich Company and the set is Love Remains. I really love the font.

Challenges:
Pals Paper Arts-Just add any red
Little Red Wagon #118 wants to see Valentine's Day or Love in their challenge so I'm providing both.
Delightful Challenges-Use punches and dies---my branch is a Memory Box die (woodland branch) and the hearts are a Martha Stewart punch
DYSU Challenge Blog #57-Anything Goes

29 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous CAS Valentine, Brenda! I love the branch with the little hearts! Have a great weekend! I'm off to the Heirloom Stamp Show in Atlanta for tomorrow! Like I need to be checking out more stamps - lol!

Denise said...

Such a gorgeous, elegant card.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

An elegant and beautiful CAS card, Brenda!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi there, what a beautiful card i just how you have made this so romantic and beautifully crafted.

Marie

Marisa said...

Love it! Too darn cute and a perfect masculine card :) Sure hubby will be thrilled to get it.

Marianne said...

Oh, this is gorgeous Brenda! I'm sure your DH will love it, too.

Bernie said...

Perfect masculine card! I'm sure your Hubby will love it!
Blessings Bernie

JanR said...

What a great cas card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

WencheP said...

This is a sweet card and so elegant! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Linda Callahan said...

Sigh.....love the beautiful simplicity :)

Carol L said...

As soon as I saw this over on SCS today, I whipped up 3 of my own! WOW! Such a beautiful design, and yet it has so much impact! One will be for DH and 2 go into my OWH box. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!!

dstandard said...

Oh wow - stunning card - perfect!

Davi said...

Brenda I know that your husband will love this one!! Very clever using the branch and hearts :)

Selma said...

This is a fantastic card for a DH. Love it.

nwilliams6 said...

3 to 4 minutes - wow! I think this is the coolest under 1 hour card I have ever seen. What a great creation Benz! Love the branch!!!! Hugz.

Joanne (jojot) said...

I may just case this one....I have the branch and haven't played with it yet.....would be nice 'friends' cards for Vday or any day.....beautiful work....YOU are master of the CAS card...kudos, my friend

Lynne in NI said...

WOW what a stunner! LOVE your heart branch, hubby's a lucky guy!

Emily Keaton said...

Adorable, Benzi! I love how clean, simple, and graphic this is. Cute, too boot!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Benzi, this is definitely a great Valentine for hubby! I like the spare, clean look, but those happy hearts keep it romantic.

Maria said...

A perfect masculine Valentine card! Love all the hearts with the branch, so creative...great job!! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!!:-))

Bonnie said...

I see why this branch is in your favorites right now. It's gorgeous and made such a great Valentine!

wannabcre8tive said...

So beautifully done.

Ellen Taylor said...

This is such a creative valentine! Love the branch and falling hearts! DH will love this!

Kathy Bradley said...

Lovely CAS card, Benz!!

Chriss America Real said...

This is so lovely & elegant! Thank you for playing along with Delightful Challenges this week!

Hugs,

Chriss

Julie said...

How did I miss this? It's gorgeous! Perfect masculine card!

Julie said...

This just popped up in my google reader - you won at DYSU challenge blog with this one! Congratulations!!!

Daria Myagkikh said...

Love this card...so simple but so beautiful!

Daria Myagkikh said...

Love your card!
So simple but so beautiful!