Thursday, September 20, 2012

Recipe Week

 
Sabrina Friel at CCEE Stampers has another super challenge for us this week. Use an image or paper which features food or drink. Bonus points if you make a card which includes a recipe. :-) I sure wanted the bonus points so I have included a recipe my Mother used to make, Marinated Carrots. I still make them occasionally, usually at holiday time.  You can find the recipe as the post continues. Hope you like carrots.
 
I'm using a Flourishes image from a set called Garden Fresh. My card is 5 x 5 and I made the recipe card 4 x4,  colored, and popped on so you can remove the recipe from the rest of the card if you like.
 
This is the  open part of the  recipe card. I added a panel of my designer paper to the inside top....just for fun , color, and also to cover the Copic coloring of the carrot image that ran through.
 

 
And, last is another photo  I enlarged so you can read and copy the recipe if you like. It really is good....well, if you like carrots and a bit of tang.
 
 
Come over and join us for this fun challenge and see what the rest of the team did this week. We would love to see a recipe if you care to share.




 

Recipe for my card:
Stamps-Flourishes Garden Fresh
Paper-The Paper Studio/Watercolor Bubble Stripe, PTI white, Stampin'Up! Old Olive
Ink-Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories-Copics, dimensionals
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

23 comments:

Basslady said...

yummy, my sweet benzi!

i just had breakfast, so i think it is time enought to buy the ingredients and try your recipe for lunch...*LOL*

GREAT card, as always!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Vicky Gould said...

Wonderful recipe card, Brenda. Recipe sounds pretty good too! TFS!

Sabrina said...

Oh my, they sound as if they're be delicious - I'm thinking cold! I just love that bunch of garden-fresh carrots and the happy colours It's a great design, too, I like the way the recipe is tucked inside.

Hussena said...

What a beautiful card benzi and combined with that yummy receipe ..its totally a yummy creation as well...carrots are my fave veggie as well...so totally love this!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love your card and recipe. Will have to try the recipe...sounds delicious.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

One of our fav restaurants serves these when you are seated. Thx for the recipe, and I love the bunch of carrots on your card! Yum!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Mmmmm....this recipe sounds delicious! Thanks for making it large enough to read as I would like to try it sometime. I love the pretty paper you used and how you tucked the recipe inside.

Cindy Haffner said...

So YUMMY!!~

Kathy Bradley said...

Your card is clever and pretty! I like how you have the temptation on the front of the card and flip it up for the recipe. The DP is bright and lovely - perfect for this wonderful dish.

Marisa said...

Those carrots sound yummy :) Fun card adn a great idea to have the recipie inside :)

Lois said...

I have that recipe, Brenda. We call them "Copper Pennies." What a delightful way to share a recipe.

Carla S. said...

Wonderful recipe card, Brenda! Love the DP and the perfectly colored carrots! Great recipe, too!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ha! I love carrot stamps! (well, I love carrots to eat, also) This is so cute, Benzi. :)

NanaConnie said...

This is terrific, Benzi! Great idea for recipes. That dp is incredible ans so is your coloring!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh what a fab idea for a card! Love your carrots pic ... mine looked nothing like that, we'd so much rain this year they ended up wee skinny pathetic looking things!

Ellen Taylor said...

Brenda your carrots look good enough to eat! Awesome coloring! I pinned this to try out your Mom's recipe. I just pulled the last of my carrots today and are sitting in the sink to be washed~Perfect timing! Have a fab day girl!

Carol L said...

Your card is so cute with that bunch of carrots, and your recipe is identical to one I've had ever since I went to a church supper and wouldn't leave until they shared the recipe with me! LOL They call it "copper pennies" and they're YUMMY! TFS!

Beebeebabs said...

Love love love your card - soooo cute!!!

Maria said...

Mmmm, sounds so yummy! What a delightful awesome way to share a recipe...love it! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is so fabulous....love the carots...the dp used, and the way you 'hide' the recipe.....wonderful idea

wannabcre8tive said...

Your carrots are colored beautifully. Your recipe sounds really good.

nwilliams6 said...

This recipe card is wonderful! Love the bg paper and the way the orange dots bring out the orange in the carrots (or is it the other way around?). The recipe sounds very interesting too - I may have to try it this weekend. Hugz!

Bonnie said...

I love carrots almost as much as I love this card! Thanks for the recipe. It looks delicious!