Monday, January 14, 2013

Big, Round Head with Crinkled Nose

 
 
I know, I know, I have overdosed on snowmen. But, I can't help myself. I just love them and, you know, it is winter. I'll fight myself and try to do something else soon. LOL
 
Hope you all had a fab weekend. We had downpours of rain. If it could have only been really, really cold, just think of the snow we could have had.  When the cold comes in, the moisture disappears around here. So, not much chance of the white stuff. Such is living in the deep south, I suppose.
 
My sweet snowman is from Sassy Cheryl's Digis. She does have the cutest ones and I have several more in the wings just waiting to be made. Ha  I made the card for the Featured Stamper, FS310, on Splitcoaststampers. Her name is Lynn aka allee's. She is such a sweet person and has a wonderful gallery of cards. I hesitate to show you which card I cased. A lot went wrong and it barely resembles hers. O.K., this is it. I had my card completely made and saw a boo boo,  tore it up and threw it in the garbage can. I thought I would use my snowflakes instead of the side panels she used. Gosh, everyone thought my snowflakes were black. Nope, they are dark blue, Night of Navy from SU.
 
My card also fits the new January Fan Club Christmas Challenge, SCSCCJAN13: Christmas Wedding/be inspired by borrowed, blue, old, and new or all. I have all but the borrowed on my card. I have a new digi, used blue Copics, and the punches are old.
You will have to be a member to join the fun.
 
 
Recipe:
Stamps-Sassy Cheryl's Digis/Simple Snowman Block, Hot off the Press/Christmas Words
Paper-PTI white cardstock, Stampin'Up! Night of Navy
Ink-Stampin'Up! Night of Navy
Accessories-Martha Stewart snowflake punch, Martha Stewart Polar Stamp and Punch, Liquid Applique (for snow), Sakura Gelly Roll pen for glittering the tiny snowflakes, Copics


21 comments:

Carla S. said...

Wonderful snowman card, Brenda! Love it! It is still raining cats and dogs here today! We even had thunder last night! Yuck!

Lee-Anne said...

Benzi, I never tire of your sweet snowman cards. This is so adorable! I'll happily part with some of our cold weather and send it right to you...it's minus 25 this morning with a minus 29 windchill. Sadly, in our part of the country that's fairly moderate in terms of cold...it could be much worse!

pam124 said...

Oh, I see a new card already with another ADORABLE snowman. I can't seem to get away from snowflakes this year and yours are snowmen, so I guess they kind of go together, huh? I love the little snow accent on the bird cage and the slight sponging! Great job Benz!

Marisa said...

Such a cute image and love how you have coloured him :)

Sonia said...

I love this cute snowman,and your gorgeous CAS card dearest friend^_^
Have a beautiful week^_^
Sonia

Hussena said...

What an adorable card Benzi ...I love your cute snowman and the beautiful snow flakes!!What an lovely scene you have created!!

Emily Keaton said...

Totally cute snowman card, Benzi! If you can't have snow in real life, then putting some on your card is the next best thing, right?

Kathy Bradley said...

Benz,
So sweet and adorable - love this snowman image!

Bonnie said...

I'm not going to get tired of your snowmen, Benzi! I love them too! And this one peeking from the corner is adorable! Whatever color the snowflakes, I like them!

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card!!!

Carol L said...

I love your fabulous snowman collection Brenda! Each one is cuter than the previous! These vivid colors look so pretty, and I wonder how long that snowman will wait for the bird to come out? :)

JD/ Jill said...

Oh my Goodness! Is this ever cute! Nice job, and tfs...

Maria said...

I do love seeing the CUTE snowman you color for your cards! They are darling! Wonderful snowflakes along the side for interest, so pretty! All the snow is gone here in NW Ohio. Supposed to be in the low teens for the weekend...brrr! You take care, hugs!

Time to be creativ said...

Hello Brenda,

your Snowmancard is sooo beautiful.

So right for the weather in Bremen.

Liebe Grüße, Anja

Lynne in NI said...

Fab card - love the pop of colour with his big orange nose! Sorry for infecting you with our rain - last year was the wettest here since records began (and its still raining LOL)

~Tammy~ said...

Another sweetie! Love the "snow" you added. Fantastic touch!

Pam~ said...

I never get enough of snowmen ... bring 'em all on! This sure is a cute fellow peeking around the corner!

Audrey Hiltke said...

OMGoodness - this is even more adorable on your Blog!!! This snowman is one of the cutest out there!! Hugs!!!
Audrey

NanaConnie said...

Too much fun, Benzi! Fabulous snowman and I love his nose. Very creative to color only the birdhouse and his nose. I think it actually makes it feel more like winter. :-D

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, you just keep on keep in' on with your snowmen. I never tire of them. Still have mine sitting out from Christmas. They are my winter decorations.

Love this guy's crinkled carrot!

Joanne (jojot) said...

perfection.....just love every detail