Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Single Rose


This is my second post for today. My CCEE Stampers post is one down.

I have had men working in my house yesterday and today so what better time to make a card and play in some challenges. But, I'll sure be glad when they are gone. I'm finally getting my backsplash tiles for the kitchen. Yes, I've had it! All this work has been going on since, I believe, last Spring.

 I wanted to do the tutorial found at by Inspired by Stamping-WHW#92. It is a tute by my pal, Colleen Dietrich at Detrich Designs. It is all about Decorating Buttons. I used an IBS image from Small Fancy Labels 1 to stamp on my green cardstock for the button cover.  I stamped the image a few times and just punched out with a 3/4" punch to fit over the same size button and glued it on.  It is best to use a flat button. Oh, and I used a paper piercer to punch the holes .  You can add glossy accents and some twine to run through the holes if you like. I made 4 or 5 buttons and ended up only using one...can save the others for another card.  My sentiment is from Inspired by Stamping/Flowers Bloom.

My sketch is from Splitcoaststampers, Sketch SC426.

The pretty patterned paper is Botanical Collection bought in a 6 x 6 stack pad from Hobby Lobby. It has such pretty matching papers. My white cardstock is PTI  and the rest of the cardstock is just scraps with no name.

I didn't color my rose, instead just cutting out and placing on the Spellbinders circle and scallop  circle nestabilie.

I'm entering my card into the Simon  Says Stamp challenge blog this week-in honor of St. Patrick's Day, use a bit o' green.

Glad you came by and hope you have a good rest of the week....even if you are in piles of snow. We are supposed to be in the low 70's Saturday and Sunday. Guess who is happy about that?

19 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card Benzi.
Gr Elly

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Brenda! Love the papers you used and the single rose. It's supposed to be warm here, too. Can't wait!

Marisa said...

Beautiful rose image and you have showcased it wonderfully with the added circle.

Carol L said...

I love that you left that pretty rose uncolored, and the button matches the dsp so well! Great idea!
Enjoy your spring weather!!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Love that pretty rose and the fabulous button you made!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Joanne (jojot) said...

such gorgeous dp as a bkgd for that single rose.....feminine loveliness

Time to be creativ said...

I really like your card, with the different selected papers. She has an almost spiritual aura.
Many greetings and good night, Anja

Beebeebabs said...

Absolutely beautiful - love everything about it tfs!!!

dstandard said...

What a beautiful card!!!

Sonia said...

Fantastic card dearest creative friend^_^
In Italy today is the International Women's Day,so I wish you 365 days of happyness and love^_^
Sonia

NanaConnie said...

Oooo, Benzi, I love those papers as background for that magnificent rose! Terrific offset for matting the image.

Bonnie said...

What beautiful paper, Benzi! And I love that button!

Kathy Bradley said...

Benz,
Beautiful card - and I love the single rose image. Your DP is warm and lovely!

Maria said...

Do I detect vintage with this lovely card?! Just love the choice of paper you used with gorgeous button and beautiful rose, too! Fab card...a pure beauty! Take care, hugs!

Joanna M - Inspired by Stamping said...

This is fabulous Benzi! I Love the button! It looks amazing! Beautiful job! Hugs, Joanna

Lynne in NI said...

I would have felt the need to colour that rose, but it looks PERFECT with no colour against your pretty DP. Great job with your fancy button too!

Colleen Dietrich said...

It makes me so happy to see you playing in my button challenge, and using your IBS goodies! I love the sketch, and that's what I noticed first. Then the rose, the way it pops off the card, and that pretty button. :) Yay! Thanks for playing with us at IBS!

Hussena said...

Hi Benzi,
I can't believe I missed commenting on this card ...its so beautiful ...love the rose and the way you have kept it in black and white..looks fabulous against that pretty paper :) ..this one turned out really wow :)

pam124 said...

I'm confused as I thought I commented on your beautiful card Benz. I'm out of order on the punchie cards it looks like. Your dp is awesome and I love your cute button. I also love your pretty rose. I'm behind on commenting, so I'm sorry it is short and sweet - like me - sweet, that is!