Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Special Birthday


 
 I know I've posted a card or two...maybe three this week. But, my one of my sweet daughters-in-law is having a birthday early next week and I just had to get a card made. I wanted to make her a hinged filigree card. If it appears some of the holes aren't punch from the die, they are. It just seems that way on a few because of the back section.
 
 This may be my last card this week as hubby is off work tomorrow and we are going to be very busy.I hate to tell you what we are going to be doing. We are putting up the Christmas tree. Please don't think I'm crazy. I put it up the week before Halloween last year because of all the house remodeling and knew that was the only time to get it done. Well, we are very busy this year between going to weekend college football games and visiting children and little munchkins...so up it goes. We don't want to get into a bind and kill ourselves getting it up.  It won't get turned on until after Thanksgiving because that is a very important holiday for us. We have so much to be thankful for so I try not to make those holiday clash. Well, the munchkins will be here next weekend so we'll probably have to turn it on for them But, no one else will see it. And, no other Christmas decorations will go up.

On to my card...about time, huh? :-) My ribbon was made using the tutorial by my blogging friend, Colleen Dietrich. She has a wonderful tutorial at Inspired by Stamping. It is for the WHW #122 challenge. It is to make a Colleen Bow. I tried but really didn't have the seam binding she recommended in the right color. I went with more of a twill which made it more difficult. I do love her bows.
I'm also uploading my card to the Inspired by Stamping Customer Gallery Contest for November.

I'll enter my card into the Twisted Tuesday challenges which are free this week....anything goes!

My stamp is Inspired by Stamping/Graceful Hydrangea and I colored it to look like my hydrangeas look now in the Fall season. I do love a bouquet from them for the season, though, after they turn. The sentiment is also Inspired by Stamping/Flowers Bloom. I stamped the hydrangea, colored, cut out, and popped on. I stamped off some of the hydrangea on the top layer.

Sorry about the long post. If I'm not back anymore this week, have a great weekend.

Recipe-
Stamps-Inspired by Stamping/Graceful Hydrangea and Flowers Bloom sets
Paper-PTI white cardstock
Ink- Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories-Spellbinders Timeless Rectangle die, Stampin'Up! Certainly Celery ribbon bundle, Copics/E81 and G20 for hydrangea and E70  for going around edges of flower after cutting out

33 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous birthday card, Brenda! Love the filigree frame and the beautiful image! The bow is wonderful! Have a great weekend!

Ellen Taylor said...

What a beautiful card for your Daughter in Law Benz! Love the brown and green against the crisp white. My Retreat is over so I am back and trying to catch up. Hope all has been well in your world!
Hugs
Ellen

jimlynn said...

I think the bow is great and so is the card! So very lovely with all the filagree!!! It's beautiful and I know she'll love it!
Christmas tree! Yikes!!! Have fun with that and I don't blame you at all for putting it up this early! Sounds like a good idea!
Lynn

Cathy said...

A beautiful card Benzi. I love it so much. Check my blog. I added a new feature left side at bottom....

Bonnie said...

I love the hydrangeas in the fall! And the hinged card is gorgeous. Think I'll be getting one of those dies for Christmas. Pretty bow! I agree that Colleen makes gorgeous bows!

Carmen S. said...

Hi Benzi,
Ich mußte gerade lachen, weil Du schon Deinen Weihnachtsbaum aufstellen mußt, weil Du sonst Keine Zeit mehr hast.
Aber so hast Du auch viel länger etwas von Deinem geschmückten schönen Baum und den Stress hast Du hinter Dir. :)
Eine Wunderbare Karte bekommt Deine Schwiegertochter. Mir gefällt der Rahmen und die Hortensie sehr.

Viele liebe Grüße und ein schönes Wochenende wünscht Dir, Carmen

Beebeebabs said...

Wow absolutely beautiful - love your four loop bow and I want that Spellbinder die lol - great job as always my friend!!!

Time to be creativ said...

Liebe Brenda,
wenn man wenig Zeit hat, kann der Weihnachtsbaum auch schon mal früher aufgestellt werden. So ist das Leben. Man muss immer versuchen, das Beste dabei heraus zu holen. Die Karte für deine Schwiegertochter gefällt mir sehr gut, du hast sie toll gestaltet und eine schöne Schleife gemacht.
Ich wünsche dir eine schöne Zeit. Bis bald, viele Grüße, Anja

Sue said...

What a stunning card Brenda its really lovely huggles Sue xxx

Carol L said...

What a lovely card for your DIL, and that big green bow sure is purty!!! Thanks for the link, I need to check it out :) Have fun with the tree and enjoy your weekend :)

MaryH said...

Brenda, this is gorgeous! This one of my fav S/B dies, makes a lovely card.Your hydrangea looks like the dried arrangements we used to see, and your coloring on it is perfect! Thanks for the bow link, will check it out. You are so organized to get your tree ready now. We wait until the last moment (then head to Fla anyway, so seems a waste of time & energy to put up a tree here at home). But I love to see the trees all decorated & I hope when you have time, you'll post a picture for us to enjoy. Have fun. TFS & Hugs

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of dies and the hydrangia is gorgeous. Love the pop of green with the ribbon too.

nwilliams6 said...

Brenda, this is soooo pretty! Great colors and image and those die cuts are the BEST! She is going to love this! If it was a Christmas card it would be the one I wanted!!! LOL! Hugz!

Shirley said...

She will love it, Brenda!!! Your beautiful bow just really makes your images pop and the die cut is one of my favorites too! Sometimes I can't X-acto either. When that happens I cut a small enough piece and then trim with my tiny kai scissors. Thanks for your visit!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your card is so pretty. I love how your background comprises of just the die. I bought the very same one to try it but now I can't find the instructions.

NanaConnie said...

Incredible, Benzi! I love the filigree frame and I'd never even though about using one as the card base. Thanks for showing this and now I can't wait to try that. Fantastic bow!

Maria said...

Such a gorgeous decorative card with lovely image! A very pretty bow, too! Your daughter-in-law will love it! Have fun with the grandkids and decorating your Christmas tree, hugs!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so pretty! And that lovely bow just makes that card pop!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Saw your card on the Inspired by Stampin site and had to pop over to say it is beautiful! Love the bow, too. :)

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh Benzi this is just beautiful. I really love the filagree frame. That is awesome. Such a beautiful card for your daughter in law..I will have to check out the tutorial on the bow...Love it...Hugz, joann

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Gorgeous birthday card Benzi!! Love the beautiful layering of the die cut frames. Your Colleen bow turned out beautiful and it's great contrast on your card!!

Lynne in NI said...

Nooooooooo .... I always start to panic that I haven't bought any Christmas pressies when I hear you're putting up your tree ;)
This is such a pretty card, your DIL will be delighted! Beautiful bow too!

Mary Marsh said...

beautiful shaped card Benzi - love this SB die-and you created such a pretty bow-will have to check out the tut you mentioned - have fun decorating the tree-I cant wait to put mine up-I do 3 of them

Maire Gamber said...

Your card is absolutely elegant! Your daughter-in-law with just love it! Gorgeous!
Hugs,
Marie XX

Darnell said...

Brenda, this blew the top of my head off! What an amazing work of art you have created! You have done the awesome Colleen proud and your DIL is going to treasure this!

I love how the hydrangeas look now, too, and am amazed at how they just stay in that beautiful pink/rose/brown dress for such a long time.

I think it's fun and sensible that you put your tree up now when it's not stressful and, of course, what a special treat for the munchkins!! Hugs, Darnell

Emily Keaton said...

How beautiful! I love that Colleen bow. I hope you had fun putting up your Christmas tree!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a pretty card -- isn't it fun to tryout tutorials - you did great~ Thanks for joining in with IBS!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Yay! I'm so glad you made a Colleen Bow, Benzi. :) Twill is tougher to work with, because it's thicker, but I think it turned out beautifully! Love the dies you used for the card base, and of course, the hydrangeas. Swoon! Thanks for playing along with my IBS challenge. :) xxx

Joanna M - Inspired by Stamping said...

So beautiful Benzi! I just love your style. You always have me swooning. Hugs, Joanna

Davi said...

Wow what a gorgeous elegant card for your dil Brenda!! I love the filigree edge and the giant bow! Smart thinking putting up your tree now :)

Leah said...

Very beautiful, love the sepia color on the flowers. Thanks for joining us at IBS!

Carol Hurlock said...

Absolutely stunning. Love the layered die cuts and of course, hydrangeas are always so elegant and beautiful on cards. Well done.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Joanne (jojot) said...

honestly, my friend, I would LOVE to keep my tree up all year long....there is such a sadness to taking it down every year

I didn't realize how far behind I was with your blog.....you have been a very busy stamper