Saturday, September 6, 2014

Glittered Poinsettia


Welcome to the weekend! I kind of feel like my weekend started yesterday. Hubby took off work and we had a little road trip. Got to see the munchkins and what is better than that? Not much. :-)

The SCSCCSept14 Fan Club Challenge challenge (Christmas) is going on and I need to get on making some Christmas cards so this is my entry. The challenge is BINGO. I love that kind of challenge so you can choose the one you want to create. I chose red, image,  and sentiment. I am counting my poinsettia as my image.

I am using Elizabeth Craft silk microfine glitter in True Red on Elizabeth Craft transparent double sided adhesive paper.  I love both those items and the glitter is not coming off and getting everywhere. Plus, you wouldn't believe the sparkle irl. There are videos out there to show you how to use it. I was shown when I went to one of the scrapbook stores in Atlanta. Other than that, I just added a piece of designer paper, a large gem, and a sentiment. The dp is MME Christmas paper pad and the sentiment is from the JustRite Merry & Bright set. I'm using a Sizzix Bigz Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia die.

Have a wonderful weekend.

22 comments:

jimlynn said...

I'll have to check into that glitter now! So shiny and beautiful. Love the way the poinsettia takes center stage and the DP looks fantastic with this.
Glad you had a nice trip yesterday.
Lynn

Beebeebabs said...

Wow another beautiful card - love the Glittery Poinsettia - great job as always tfs!!!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful Christmas card!

NanaConnie said...

Stunning and elegant, Benzi! Love the sparkle on that poinsettia.

Becky said...

OH my, this is just stunning Benzi! Love the design.

Sue said...

Beautiful elegant card Benzi and I love!! that glitter huggles Sue xx

Marisa said...

Love that big red poinsettia.

Donna Ellis said...

oooooo! How stunning, Benzi! The bling is great (and so festive) but I really like the panel on the right to help bring life to your pizzazzy card! hugs, de

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful CAS card Benzi, that glitter looks amazing!
Glad to hear you got a quick visit to see the munchkins :)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful Benzi, I like the glittered poinsettia and the trellis
Kevin xx

Carol L said...

YAY to any glitter that doesn't fall off!! This is such a beautiful poinsettia and I love that coordinating dsp too! Beautiful card as always!!

aussie aNNie said...

I just love this gorgeous card, the colours, texture and your gorgeous added beauties. The Christmas cards are coming in quick, a bit scary as the year has almost gone...way too quick.xx
♥aNNie


The Journey is the Start

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card love the vibrant reg glittery poinsettia and strip of D paper to balance the flower
Carol x

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful, glittery poinsettia! I love the strip of paper that matches perfectly and all the white space that lets the flower shine!

Maria said...

Gorgeous CAS card with the glittered poinsettia! It certainly makes a statement...love it! Glad you had a fun trip to see the grandkids! Have a great week, hugs!:-)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful, love the fabulous glitter flower and the great design.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Poinsettia and all glittered up fun! So glad you had a great time with the precious grandkids!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I'll bet this really sparkles IRL. What could be pretty than a sparkly poinsettia?

MaryH said...

Of course I love this Ritz Glitz on the beautiful poinsettia. How lucky & wonderful you & DH got to take a little trip to enjoy your little ones and a wonderful weekend together. TFS & Hugs.

Sassy Raggedy said...

This is really beautiful. I love the glitter. Beautiful Brenda. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Carol Hurlock said...

Sparkling Perfection would be a good way for me to describe this beautiful card. Love it.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Ellen Taylor said...

Glittery goodness! Love that gorgeous poinsettia!!