Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Snowman on a Doily




Yea for me! I won this stamp set from Speedy's Friends blog challenge. I just love it because I am such a snowman lover. It is a wonderful set I'll use a lot for winter/holidays. It is a Mark's Finest Papers set, Snowman Country, due to be released in October. You can find their challenge here.

At Splitcoaststampers today, the color challenge is Pacific Point (which I had to substitute), Old Olive, and Rich Razzleberry. The dessert option was a doily. I handmade mine using this wonderful tutorial found here.
I used a Martha Stewart corner punch called Quilted.
I added a Rich Razzleberry grosgrain ribbon, SU Dazzling Diamonds, and colored the image with

Tombow markers and a watercolor brush.




2 comments:

Marisa said...

LOVE how you have framed that cute snowman! Great use of the MS punch and a great use of the colour challenge.

pam124 said...

I think I already told you I want that nestie!!! Such an adorable snowman Benz and your color combo is fantastic. I miss ya & I might be able to call this w/end if you're gonna be home!! Catch up on everything!! Whew!
Hugs, pam