Thursday, August 26, 2010

Making Camp



Vicky Gould gave the Stampin B challenge this week to make a square card with a western theme. I'm so glad she wanted it square because I never make those. I really like this one and will now make them more often. I didn't have a western theme stamp so I used a digital image from Stamp-n-Doodle called Making Camp. The challenge can be found here every Thursday.

I'm also entering this card into the Treehouse Stamps blog challenge here. Their challenge THT064 is to use Fall colors: orange, olive, and summer sun.


I printed it on my watercolor paper, colored with my Tombows and a brush, added some twine and a brad, sponged the sky a bit and I'm finished. I think it made a super, masculine card.


Paper: Stampin'Up! Chocolate Chip, The Paper Studio moss corrugated, The Paper Studio Crocodile-Brown
Steve's Pages by Sugar Free

5 comments:

Marisa said...

Wowzers, Benzi!! This is gorgeous!!! Fabulous water colouring and one smashing, masculine card. You go girl friend :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card. Love everything about it.

pam124 said...

BEAUTIFUL work Benz. I love your masculine/western creation. They are so hard to do, but you made it look easy!! Great job!! Sorry I'm b/hind in your blog. Been behind on everything now days!! Old news, right? Hugs - pam

Heidi said...

What a gorgeous scene you've created! Looks like a painting. Wonderful paper, twine and brad! You're a true inspiration to everyone who plays these challenges!

Joanne (jojot) said...

a fabulous scene, wonderfully colored, and certainly western in theme.....tranquil and manly too...fab work