Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A CAS Thank You

I had not made a card in about 4 days, just uploaded some made earlier. I was having withdrawals and had to get in the craft room. I'm making this card to enter into Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge #85.
The challenge is to make a 'thank you' card. It is nice to make something other than Christmas, at least, this once.

I went rather CAS with my card. The image is from the Pussy Willow stamp set found at Mark's Finest Papers, A Heinrich Company.  I'm using a retired sentiment as I don't have one of the MFP's thank you stamps. My recipe is found below.

Recipe:
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers, A Heinrich Company-Pussy Willow
Paper: Stampin'Up! Chocolate Chip, PTI vintage cream and white, DP is from a scrapbook store and unknown name
Ink: Stampin'Up! Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page -corner is Bird and Branch and edge is Woodland

11 comments:

Hussena said...

i love the way you have combined the punches to create the frame ..your card looks so beautiful...love the black and white combo:)

Emily Keaton said...

So lovely in dark brown and cream, Benzi!!

Basslady said...

benzi, i love the image and the punched border...the card is so elegant and noble!

wonderful as always, sweety!

hugs and kisses from rainy and windy germany...like the last weeks...still the same...

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous CAS card, Brenda! I love the image and the punched frame!

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful! Have you been shopping for punches again? ... bet you bought this 'cause of the wee birdie (you're as bad as me with 'Ruby' goodies heehee!!)

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a nice pussy willow set! And of course, I'm thinking that you are loving this bird. :) I like the simple black and white scheme.

Finally have my Christmas tree up!! (but then, you know that from visiting my blog) The kids are contented now. :)

Carol L said...

What a great little card! I love the pussy willow image and nice borders! So simple, yet makes such a beautiful statement!

Janeen said...

cute how you made this look silhouette like. Thanks for playing with Speedy's freinds.

Ellen Taylor said...

So striking Benz! Love chickadees and black and white. A winner in my books!

Bonnie said...

Another sweet bird! Great CAS layout in an elegant black & white design.

Carol Hurlock said...

This is so cute. I love that punch around the page set too. I goes perfectly with any type of bird image. Just lovely.