Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday Throwdown-My Grafico

I'm here to share one of my last Christmas cards for this year. I may upload one or two more..not sure.
I'll miss making them as they are my favorite kind, although I will enjoy making some Valentines, florals, and such.

The team of Tuesday Throwdown is having their last challenge this week until the first of the new year. We are going to spend time with family and friends. So, we'll see you back on January 3rd.

This card is for the challenge on Tuesday Throwdown #78 and the theme is 'someone special'. I made mine for a friend. My Grafico is furnishing the DT with a set called Nature's Christmas Digital Stamp Set designed by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. There are several very pretty images to use. As you can see, I chose the poinsettia.

I colored the image with Copics after stamping onto the Spellbinders peony die and behind that is the silver doily. I'm using some negative snowflakes from the Martha Stewart Aspen Snowflake border punch.  The rest of my recipe is listed below. I know, I know...used that same ribbon and button as yesterday's card. I really love it but I'll give it a break. :-)

Hope you'll join us. Just click on the Tuesday Throwdown list above.

Recipe:
Stamps: My Grafico-Nature's Christmas Digital Stamp Set-Designed by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff
Paper: PTI white cardstock, K&CO Brenda Walton peppermint twist candy stripes-dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black for sentiment
Accessories: Stampin'Up! Cherry cobbler seam binding ribbon, button from Jo Ann Stores, silver doily, Martha Stewart Aspen snowflake border punch,  Stampin'Up! Perfect Punches stamp set
(sentiment)

13 comments:

Hussena said...

Your Card looks beautiful...The way you have used The silver doily is Awesome and so is the Flower..Love your colour combo as well:)

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, how beautiful, Benzi! That gorgeous poinsettia looks great on the silver doily. Your coloring is perfect!

Stephanie (Arty Carty) Lee said...

your card is beautiful Benzi! As always, I'm a big fan of your coloring - it's amazing and that silver doily really makes it pop! Great job! and merry X'mas to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

So lovely, Benzi! Your beautifully-colored poinsettia really shines, and I'm tickled by the combination of traditional and non-traditional colors in this. I especially like that silver doily -- great touch! Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas! :-)

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous, Benzi, and I'd have used that same ribbon and button, too! They're perfect for this card. Fabulous coloring, too. Love that silver doily!

Carol L said...

The coloring on your poinsettia is just stunning!! I love the silver doily that beautifully frames this lovely image, and the ribbon ties it all up perfectly!
I'm going to try to make one Christmas card a month in the coming year, so I'll have a bunch to send early to OWH AND have my own at the same time :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the depth you got in your coloring.

Lauren said...

Beautiful! I love how your image pops against the K&Co paper! Your coloring is stunning! Happy Holidays!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh, love your fancy doily and such a beautifully coloured poinsettia, looks just like the one on my fireplace!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Whoa - that background paper looks so familiar. Not sure if you watch the Martha Stewart show on the Hallmark channel, but for the holiday season, she shows stripes that look just like these, in the same colors!

Pretty poinsettia, poised on a silver doily. Ooo la la!

Ellen Taylor said...

Your coloring is over the top fabulous! Love the fun papers and silver doily!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful painting of a beautiful poinsettia!

Carol Hurlock said...

Love the beautifully vivid coloring of the poinsettia on this card. The silver doily background adds to the festive look for this traditional beauty.